Thread: VWwA Used SUV Guides :Touareg R5 TDI, V6, V6TDI, V8, V10TDI & R50 Type 7L: 2003-2009

Users Country Flag

VWwA Used SUV Guides :Touareg R5 TDI, V6, V6TDI, V8, V10TDI & R50 Type 7L: 2003-2009

Post you Negative and Positive Experiences with your Touareg.
    And any other helpful tips for prospective buyers.

Fill in the blanks

example
    Model: eg Touareg
    Engine: 3.2 177kW
    Year: 2005
    Any Problems ?: lights kept blowing
    Last edited by phaeton; 15-08-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag

I posted earlier in the Newbies Section and also on lighting for towed items.

MY07 Touareg V10 TDi, 98,000 Km. Bought about a week ago and supposedly serviced by Penrith VW.

LHS mirror refusing to adjust.

Green coolant, instead of 'BMW Blue'.

LHS front parking light stays on intermittently. Shoot me if it's a known 'matter'. I'm learning. It's off today

Washer motor not working.

Fuel additive gong comes on low at about 97,000 Km. Don't go Dealer for $1,000 plus, go Indie for about a third of the price. Each refill is worth about 20,000 Km, up to five. Indies buy this stuff in bulk.

Three wiper blades need replacing.

Kerbed wheels are a problem as the 9" wheel does not provide any protection with the standard 19/275/45 tyre.

I've done the math and 8.5" wheels provide the same rolling diameter, for better kerb protection.

9.5" wheels will not.

For towing, the [V10 TDi] Touareg requires an electric brake controller, like a Redarc, so that codes are not gonging, and an intermediate box for LED lights.

A good Indie (ex-VW master technician) can properly wire up the vehicle without the need for a Redarc or intermediate box.

Some dealers really have no clue, and think that the intermediate box will fix all problems.

Cheers,
    Stu

Cheers,
    Stu