Thread: Video Tutorial for Touareg 1&2 instrument cluster speaker fix

Users Country Flag

Video Tutorial for Touareg 1&2 instrument cluster speaker fix

Hi folks,

a while ago i had a crack ay my first youtube video post and did that by documenting the process of repairing the speaker in the instrument cluster that gets all distorted, or low volume or goes completely.

After many forum searches, and contact VW dealers ($$$$$) , i decided it would be a pretty easy fix for anyone, and made this video to help - i'm glad i did - saved well over $1000

My videos are a bit long , sorry - i just cant help add the detail - but i hope you like it, i hope it's useful, and i will definitely be positing more.

YouTube

G
    R36 | Biscay Blue, Jetta V GT (Golf GTi with a boot really), Touareg T5 Luxury (300,000 K's and going strong)

Users Country Flag
    What a great video. Well done. You explained each step really well, and it will a handy reference for many of us. I suppose we could pick those speakers up ay Jaycar possibly? If not, whereabouts on Ebay did you find it. My T2 is approaching 300k so won't be surprised if it becomes a problem.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, I’m on my iPad so it wont let me copy the eBay link, but if you just search “vw touareg instrument cluster speaker” , you’ll get about 10 options and most with the factory white connector on the wires, straight plug & play
    R36 | Biscay Blue, Jetta V GT (Golf GTi with a boot really), Touareg T5 Luxury (300,000 K's and going strong)