Support VWWC

Thread: v6 tuned or v8 rline

v6 tuned or v8 rline

hi guys, aim looking at the v8 line but at this moment it may just be a bit out of my price line.
    i have done a bit of research and was wondering if a tuned v6 that is producing 220 kw and 630 nm would be a great option when making a comparison between the v6 and the r line.
    i tow a van and would like as much grunt as i can get and I'm just thinking this may be a good option for the lower price tag.
    regards paul

Users Country Flag
    Hi Paul,
    220kw/630nm V6 is not a 250kw/800nm V8. Just my opinion. I haven't heard of any dramas with the V8's, although in saying that there isn't anywhere near as many out there as there is V6's. Plus you have the V8 sound. I tow a van with my V8 and on these towing days, i always feel great knowing I have one of the most powerful towing rigs driving out there. Now imagine if you tuned the V8!! �� Hello 300 odd Kw's and round about 1000nm of torque! ��
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

hi there and thanks for the reply,yes i know what you mean.i maybe need to take a back seat for a while ,towing my van with the r line would be awesome but i suppose i was just being cheap. i don't really have to do anything really for awhile so i will sit back and smell the roses for a while.
    can i ask you how many k's had your vehicle done when you purchased it?
    thanks again
    regards paul

Users Country Flag
    I have the Audi SQ5 with the V6 TDI (230kw and 650nm) and it pulls like a train and has torque for days. Had it tuned a few months back so its now approx 250kw and 750nm. I don't tow anything with it, but if i did i cant imagine you would notice the weight.

Im sure the V8 TDI would be a fantastic towing vehicle, but if your budget wont allow for that, get a V6 TDI and get it tuned and it will be more than enough.

Otherwise, find yourself a Volkswagen Touareg R50 if you want the ultimate in towing ability. Carsales link to R50
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 26-02-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

thanks for the comments guys