Thread: Tuareg 150 tdi v6 recommendations to neewbe

Users Country Flag

Tuareg 150 tdi v6 recommendations to neewbe

Hi

I just stated looking for used 2015 tuareg v6 150. Wondering if you guys give me couple hints what look at...common issues, service cost etc.
    Currently and for last 20 years I am passat driver...
    I understand Tuareg may be different class, that is reason i need advice...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag
    The earlier (2007-2011) Touaregs with higher mileage occasionally needed tail shaft centre bearing, intake manifold runner flap repairs. Some had turbo seizing variable vanes if not lubricated (overlooks at services, common when DIY serviced by owners). Maybe some of these could apply to the newer model with higher mileage as well.

Other than that, they’re quite bulletproof and reliable.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you...
    This means lot to me...Tuareg 150 tdi v6 recommendations to neewbe
    Regards

2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag
    Hi Saint,
    I've gone from my 2008 R36 wagon to a 2013 V8tdi R-Line and I must say, as good as the R36 is, the touareg is a beast of a car. I love mine and I use it off road as well even though it doesn't have a low range transfer case like you can get in the v6tdi's if you are lucky enough to find a 4Xmotion equipped vehicle. Now, in my experience viewing a lot of forums, there seems to be quite a lot more issues with the T1 and T2 models (as mentioned above by Transporter) than the T3 and T4 models. Not implying anything by that, it is just an observation that I have noticed. It will come down to what you like looking at in the interior too. The T3 & T4 models will look a lot like your passat as opposed to the older models too. With regards to servicing, I just paid about $600 for my last service at 120k which isn't cheap but I might look at finding a mechanic to take over the servicing duties from the VW dealerships but that is next years problem now. I haven't had a single issue with my 2013 in the two years that I have had except for loss of traction if I tromp it too hard!!
    with the 150tdi, you will only get the steel suspension as opposed to the air suspension as far as I am aware. There will probably be a few other items as well which the 150 doesn't get unless you step up to the 180. Good luck with the purchase. Let me know if you have any questions.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi

That is reason I like this forum. Right information is very hard to find. Some people even doesn't want to share information. Thanks for info.
    That is very helpful. And considering all fact I probably will for 180.

Tuareg 150 tdi v6 recommendations to neewbe

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    The earlier (2007-2011) Touaregs with higher mileage occasionally needed tail shaft centre bearing, intake manifold runner flap repairs. Some had turbo seizing variable vanes if not lubricated (overlooks at services, common when DIY serviced by owners). Maybe some of these could apply to the newer model with higher mileage as well.

Other than that, they’re quite bulletproof and reliable.
    Thought I’d just confirm the above. We have a 2008 Touareg. It’s 11 year old and just under 100 km. We recently had the sticking manifold and tail shaft replaced. Also two front control arms.
    When we first got there were cooling system issues that were fixed under warranty. But we’ve had 10 years trouble free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    '08 T2 TDV6 Atacama Grey Metallic Anthracite Leather Lacquer Inserts T/Bar Chrome Roof Bars Fifth Wheel, Pirelli 235/65/17 ATs, 550nm of Torque