Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Light issues!!

Guest Guest

LED load box

all the LED load box does is it stops the light bulb symbol coming on the dash when using LED trailer lights

Users Country Flag
    Another solution this one is from REDARC Adelaide based company, good website with a lots of info on dual battery systems and 12v to 12v battery chargers.
    http://www.redarc.com.au/dummy_loads.htm

Users Country Flag
    If your sales person would have been profesional, he would have asked you if your trailer has LED lights & advised you that you need a seperate adapter. I think they are about $240.00 - covered by warranty & no tinkering needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TREGGA View Post
    Hi, think this has been covered before but: Connected my boat trailer to my new V6 TDI Touareg and the lights flickered (lcd's) so I connected to my box trailer and all worked except blinkers come on for Brake lights, (both trailers worked fine on other cars) any suggestions??
    I have just picked up a new V6 tdi with the factory tow package, it came with a "load box" which plugs in between the trailer and car. This enables trailers with LED lights to be used. As previously posted it will be available as a spare part.

Regards,
    CamB

Users Country Flag
    Had similar issues (left hand indicator not working, then working, tail lights will flash with indicator, hazards would work, no break lights, warning in dash to tell me that one of the trailer globes was blown when it wasnt), but when testing found that the trailer lights worked fine when you manually switch on the head lights (dont use Auto). Had an auto electrican use a mulit meter on the plug and he identified that two wires were in the wrong spots for Australian use. The trailer I was using works on all other cars, as was the 6 wiring harness we tested. VW said that it is standard factory wiring, so you may find you have what ever the international standard is.

Hope this helps

I was stung by the LED light issue today when I plugged my jetski trailer in, it has LED lights. My normal trailer works fine. Called the dealer they said I needed an additional plug. Nothing was ever mentioned during the purchase so now I have to outlet $240 just to use my other trailer. It also means I have to have TWO adapters between the car and the trailer. One with the conversion from 13 pin to 7 flat and the other with 7 pin flat male and female for the LED load adapter. Absolute madness.
    Blue Graphite MY08 3 Door GTI, Leather, DSG

Update: After 'discussions' with the dealer they came through and I have received an LED load box free of charge
    Blue Graphite MY08 3 Door GTI, Leather, DSG

Does the VW tow package include trailer electric brake controls or does it simply control the lights?
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Does the VW tow package include trailer electric brake controls or does it simply control the lights?
    No brake controller is included.

A thanks for that. Interestingly two VW delaers including the one with whom I test drove a Touareg today told me the towing package includes electric brake controls. BS. I wish the sales people would dealers would research their own product better. Also he quoted $2990 for the tow package! Ouch.
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast