Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spare wheel / snorkel

Users Country Flag

Here is a pic of a snorkel.

Maris

That Touareg may be fitted with a snorkel but those snorkels were a special fitting for the VW Experience 360° world tour. The snorkel looks like a series of angle brackets holding down some piping with an air filter on top….in my view very unprofessional for factory sponsored. Porsche came up with a better looking slim line version for their off road adventures in ABS plastic.

And you will also notice that the vehicle (an R5 TDI) is wearing a set of 16" steel wheels. Available on base model R5’s in Europe because they use them like Landcruisers for public services. The R5 TDI uses smaller brakes and the wheel offset is different to the rest of the range, thus interchangeable with other VW work horses.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Smile

Hi All,

If anyone is interested I still have one 17" rim off a V6 Tdi, Just PM me if you want it, the cost is $180 plus shipping.

Treg2

Touareg Wheel

I am looking for 5 stud 17" wheel to suit a 2006 V6.
    Please provide further details.
    Tks

Touareg Wheel

Hi
    I'm also looking for one or 2 spares for my 2008 V6 TDi. I think the current rims are 'Makalu' and would love to get something similar. Do you have photos
    Chumpy

If you get the VW magazine you'll see the Touaregs in the round the world challenge with snorkels. Not very pretty though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobzed57 View Post
    Never seen a snorkel although the question's been asked a million times. I figure just don't go too deep. I'd been interested in what lights came on as well. Never had a problem myself and I've had water over the bonnet, well bow wave anyway
    I just saw this post. Very sad in the light of your drowned touareg.
    We really do need a snorkel, or perhaps I just need to learn how to correctly apply a tarp across the grill.
    David
    '08 T2 TDV6 Atacama Grey Metallic Anthracite Leather Lacquer Inserts T/Bar Chrome Roof Bars Fifth Wheel, Pirelli 235/65/17 ATs, 550nm of Torque

Users Country Flag
    Its next on my list, a Snorkel that is, could be a ways off but it will happen, just need to buy the missus another car and its game on.

Twin snorkel me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    I would have gotten wood from the picture message you sent me.. But I was sniffing Nitro, so i already had it. Hahaha.

Users Country Flag

I've bought new wheels and tyres. Keeping one for a spare.
    If anyone wants a (kerbed) original for a spare, let me know.
    Three original wheels, 275/45/19 with good rubber.
    MY07 V10 TDi Touareg
    98,000 Km
    HPF flash tune - 273 rwkW & 813 Nm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234