Support VWWC

Thread: Map Updates

Users Country Flag

Map Updates

I have read the other forums about the map updates and have been directed to VW Germany, but there doesnt seem to be a link to the Touareg.
    I have been to the dealer and was quoted $550 for the map update, which is ridiculous.
    Does anyone have any better news, web links, or aftermarket businesses that would help?

Users Country Flag
    Try this thread - there is a fair bit of information with links to VW discovercare and how to use it Map updates
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

What nav system do you have, RNS 510 or RNS 850? If you are talking dealers trying to hit you up for $550 then I guess the RNS 850 (7P model Touareg).
    VW don't offer discovercare map updates for the Touareg, you need to obtain a SD card and code for it to work.
    You can try this mob 2017 Volkswagen Touareg Map Update RNS 850 Navigation Service OEM Firmware - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades
    Understand they have a local Melbourne service to help or Autofidelity Contact | autofidelity may be able to assist.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys for the replies, I believe I have the RNS 850, so no easy update. I talked direct to Euro updates, they dont have a dealer in Melb at the moment but suggested I could get it done in Sydney if I ever get up there (possible but I try to avoid it). I have sent Autofidelity an email, I will post the outcome!!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    After much searching and mucking around I went and bought a window mount Garmin 6.5" GPS $222. Free map updates via WiFi which I can do on my phone. I am sick of being overcharged by VW. Also found an aftermarket replacement head unit, apparently does all the VW standard stuff plus more, free maps. Still looking into it but for ~$500 its an option.

Users Country Flag
    Hi New Dubber from a new Dubber,

NOt sure which model infotainment system you have but these guys do most. The link here is for the RNS850 @ $220 AUD:

2017 Volkswagen Touareg Map Update RNS 850 Navigation Service OEM Firmware - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades

If that is not your one, simply click on VW in the upper search bar and select your model. BTW they are based in Maroochydore Qld but may have dealer in Victoria.

Good Luck

Vic Blizzard

Users Country Flag
    Shame we cannot get Mirrorlink or a similar application to work with the RNS 850, then we would not have to bother with VW rip off mapping prices and simply use Google Map Navigation.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicb View Post
    Hi New Dubber from a new Dubber,

NOt sure which model infotainment system you have but these guys do most. The link here is for the RNS850 @ $220 AUD:

2017 Volkswagen Touareg Map Update RNS 850 Navigation Service OEM Firmware - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades

If that is not your one, simply click on VW in the upper search bar and select your model. BTW they are based in Maroochydore Qld but may have dealer in Victoria.

Good Luck

Vic Blizzard
    Same outfit as the previous link. They have agents in other places and the OP said he has an 850 if you read through the thread
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Well I'll be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Same outfit as the previous link. They have agents in other places and the OP said he has an 850 if you read through the thread
    So sorry I upset you.

New here and just trying to help by putting back!

Hard to handle such self righteousness as it makes one reluctant to attempt to assist in the future - particularly when so new to the forum.

In fact there was really no need for your post - what did it accomplish in a constructive way?

Zero!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vicb View Post
    So sorry I upset you.

New here and just trying to help by putting back!

Hard to handle such self righteousness as it makes one reluctant to attempt to assist in the future - particularly when so new to the forum.

In fact there was really no need for your post - what did it accomplish in a constructive way?

Zero!
    I'M not upset but it does pay to read a thread before posting The info was in reply 3 & 4.

Some threads go for several pages and people (including me sometimes) dont read through and just post away what has already been answered..
    Dont be discouraged
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan