Thread: Hold or Fold?

Users Country Flag

Hold or Fold?

Hi all, three beetles, one Tiguan and currently a 2014 V6 Touareg which is the focus of this post. I’ve had this vehicle on lease for 5 years now and it’s given me fantastic service over that time, to the point where I’m reluctant to get rid of it off lease. I genuinely love driving the car.

I’ve driven it 135k klm in that time and on history it will be at 160k Kim in March when its due to come off lease. I think I’d be able to buy this car for around $20k. My question is to those who have better knowledge of these cars, do you see any real issues with this car and this engine running another couple of years, say to 220k klm? At that point I’d be looking at a new (demo) Touareg to replace it but the budget won’t allow that until around that point. Appreciate the feedback.

cheers
    John

Users Country Flag

Keep the servicing up to it John and you won't have any dramas. I've seen plenty of Touareg's around with a lot more kays on them and most are really happy with the reliability.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque