Support VWWC

Thread: Brake pad and rotor replacement

Brake pad and rotor replacement

The 'Check Pads' warning came on in the missus '15 Treg (55k's) through the week and since I had a few spare hours this weekend, I thought I'd save a few pennies and do it myself.

Since I could get them for trade I decided to replace the rotors at the same time so stumped up for a set of DBA standard rotors with Bendix EuroPlus pads on the front and, since they don't make EP's for the rear, a set of Bendix HD's for the rear.

The front were a deadset doddle and if you were just doing pads alone, it's a 15 minute job each side. Swapping the rotors was pretty easy too, just required the caliper to be removed which is standard.

The rears are a proper pain in the bum however. From the 12 point keyed head bolts to the stupidity of routing the pad sensor through an aperture too small for the connection........... those crazy Italians at Brembo need to rethink!!

Anyway...it's all done now and saved myself over $1000 from the quote from a reputable brake shop.

Time to go to Bunnings and spend the savings!! Brake pad and rotor replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by philaddis77; 20-05-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the insight, I was quoted $1500+ so good to know

Users Country Flag
    TRW rotors and TRW pads front and back AUD1200 fitted. Initial bite same as OEM. Much less dust.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Toiler View Post
    TRW rotors and TRW pads front and back AUD1200 fitted. Initial bite same as OEM. Much less dust.
    Hi Toiler, You are in Melb. Where did you get these fitted and do you still get the reversing squeal?