Thread: 2020 Premium Touareg sign recognition

Users Country Flag

2020 Premium Touareg sign recognition

Hi all,
    Looking for info.
    Purchased a new Touareg Premium with most options in July 2020 but due to co-vid , we were given a curb side delivery with very little instructions on how to utilise the cars features.
    Does anyone know how to activate speed sign recognition ,so it engages with adaptive cruise control.?

Cheers Tony

Users Country Flag
    I assume you are looking for predictive ACC (pACC)? Does your Touareg read and display speed signs at present? or is it relying on the database built in to the map database. I don't think VW have it enabled on Australian models due to local regulations and even if you were able to code it via VCDS or OBD 11 it will require a SWaP/FEC code from VW who most likely would not sell it to you as the feature would not be not legal

The good news is the new Ford Ranger has this feature so it will be interesting to see if the new Amarok has it and what the impact will be for other VW models that have the hardware to support this feature but was previously disabled due to legal reasons
    MY 21 T Cross 85TSI Life| Makena Turquoise | Driver Assist Package |
    Mods: VCDS tweaks |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonz Magonz View Post
    Hi all,
    Looking for info.
    Purchased a new Touareg Premium with most options in July 2020 but due to co-vid , we were given a curb side delivery with very little instructions on how to utilise the cars features.
    Does anyone know how to activate speed sign recognition ,so it engages with adaptive cruise control.?

Cheers Tony
    Dont know about the Towrag but in the Tig its on all the time and doesnt make any difference which other controls you have on. It ISNT accurate as AUS maps do not have the same encoding that Euro maps have. There are some historic speed areas in the maps but despite the roads changing and speeds are higher it still shows the old one. Unless ACC has changed since 2019 you can set it higher than legal speed limit anyway and it doesnt slow to signs speed
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tonz Magonz View Post
    Hi all,
    Looking for info.

Cheers Tony
    Hey mate, I can enable TSR on these ones. Feel free to send me a message.