Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by scoob02 View Post
    65K from memory....good ones seem to be listed around 35K

Info from Carsales & Redbook

Average Private Price+ $25,800 - $28,800
    Trade In Price Guide+ $21,200 - $24,200
    Average km+ 80000 - 130000
    Price When New (RRP)+ $63,000

at $30K this one is going to be available for a while...
    had no idea they had droped that low
    Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    It doesn't matter what car you drive.. If you're a complete wanker.. People still won't want to talk to you..

yeah its pretty grim, but i guess the second hand market isn't that great and the market for this type of car isn't that large either...

to some people spending $30-35K on a 4-5yr old 3 door hatch doesnt make sense....I pity those poor souls!

Users Country Flag
    the 2nd hand car market is dismal at the minute, with so many deals to be had on new cars, the market has really dropped off.

Im gonna hang on to mine for a while as its hard to justify spending $15k to change an 18 month old car into something pretty similar again.
    currrently... MY10 GTI | DSG | Candy White | Sunroof | 18's | BT | MDI
    previously... MY08 GT TDI | DSG | Reflex Silver | Sunroof

**** you blokes are hard.... for a R it might be aging but they still go better than alot of so called second hand cars..

Ok i mighten know the history of this one,if serviced properly it should still be the goods

Quote Originally Posted by pauld View Post
    high k's should'nt be a problem if its been serviced. However I think he is dreaming at 30 or over.
    It's not just the engine but the whole car that has done the high km..

Can't really win either way with cars, so may as well enjoy them.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JVLR32 View Post
    **** you blokes are hard.... for a R it might be aging but they still go better than alot of so called second hand cars..

Ok i mighten know the history of this one,if serviced properly it should still be the goods
    i'm with you on this one and if I wasn't saving for another house next year (and with the Minister of Treasury and Finance's permission) i'd love to get back into a high-performance Mk IV
    Children(VW) who have left home, among others:1966 VW 1300 Deluxe Bug(Harbour Blue)1966 VW 1300 Steel Sunroof Bug(Ruby Red), 1971 VW 1600 S Bug(White) 1972 VW 25th Ann. Bug(Avocado) 2000 VW Golf Mk IV GTI 3 door(Metallic Black Magic), 1985 VW Golf Mk 1 GLS Cabriolet (Metallic Gun Metal) Current: 1985 Mercedes Benz 280CE Coupe(Midnight Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by dubai gti View Post
    i'm with you on this one and if I wasn't saving for another house next year (and with the Minister of Treasury and Finance's permission) i'd love to get back into a high-performance Mk IV
    thanks....i work for a seconds wholesaler and i can tell you... we get alots of cars with bugger all ks and still wouldnt match the drivabillity with the high ks my R has....

Quote Originally Posted by JVLR32 View Post
    thanks....i work for a seconds wholesaler and i can tell you... we get alots of cars with bugger all ks and still wouldnt match the drivabillity with the high ks my R has....
    Yeah it depends how it's been looked after.

I had a really nice example of a 1997 Audi A4 quattro, but the km still turned people off that hadn't seen the car. Parts usually need replacing after 120k but if you get one with more than that they have probably been replaced already.

Don't think anybody is disputing the fact that an R32 is a bloody good car..its just this one thats for sale for $30K and has done 160,000ks, which seems a bit 'toppish' in price...especially when there are other available for a little bit more coin and with much lower kms on the clock

Quote Originally Posted by scoob02 View Post
    Don't think anybody is disputing the fact that an R32 is a bloody good car..its just this one thats for sale for $30K and has done 160,000ks, which seems a bit 'toppish' in price...especially when there are other available for a little bit more coin and with much lower kms on the clock
    My one has 180,000ks still drives better than cars with than 50,oooks and i feel safer.....

$30k ??? neg i would say...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast