Thread: Anybody in Canberra that can help a fellow watercooler out?

Users Country Flag

Anybody in Canberra that can help a fellow watercooler out?

Picked up a bad tank of fuel the other day, ran it dry and filled up for a trip to the snow from Brisbane, 30mins into the trip it became clear I also have a blocked fuel filter as a result ..... Picked up a new filter in Coffs and made it too Canberra driving the Rok like a baby.

Can probably get to Thredbo as is where I will have time to replace the filter during the week, but if anybody in Canberra can spare 30mins tomorrow morning, Sun 30Aug, to help me out with some tools and place to work (and some friendly banter) that would be much appreciated.

PM me. Or txt me on 0four08seven66857
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Text sent. Hope it helps you out.

Cheers

Paul

Users Country Flag
    Sharkie, have you got I all sorted now bud?

Where did you pick up the bad fuel?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Text sent. Hope it helps you out.

Cheers

Paul
    Thanks for the offer, Paul, much appreciated.

15mins outside Supercheap in Fyshwick sorted me out

Only needed a 13 spanner and a flat head screwdriver.

Car back to normal which is excellent, really happy the filter did what it was meant to do.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Sharkie, have you got I all sorted now bud?

Where did you pick up the bad fuel?
    Caltex in Carseldine, going north on Gympie Rd, they are doing renos and something must have contaminated the 98

BTW since this is the spotted section, saw a lot if VWs between Canberra and Thredbo today, at least 50, including 27!!! Amaroks, most I have ever seen on a 150km stretch of road .....

Even 1 blue MK7 R with L plates ......

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Only needed a 13 spanner and a flat head screwdriver.
    If you were still driving the MK1 you'd have those in the comprehensive box of tools that you always carry.