Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tassie golf

brackie Guest

Welcome Kylie (?)

Ah.. "GolfGirl" is a lovely and welcome epithet! Let's see some pics of your Golf. And stir the guys up for all you're worth

Users Country Flag

Golf--yew!

I am stoked to be a member of the forum. Thanks for the warm welcome. I am super stoked with my golf. Benaiah and I put one engine in...and I still maintain that the engine was no good when I got it...not that it was driven way too hard and was put into an early grave. But it will be something that we can play around with and fix up. Will be posting some more pics soon so be sure to check them out.
    Beep beep

Users Country Flag
    It was good to get the 9A running again Benaiah last night. Time now to tidy up all the loose ends mate and get that thing on the road! Oh! And don't forget the fuel line fix!!!!! Never seen a guy run for an extinguisher so fast!!!!!
    (no fire thank goodness)
    Great to catch up with you again Golf girl too! Hope you have the silver/pink beast running smooth in no time too! Cheers!
    Par 6 Golf GTI. Coilovers, BBS CH Wheels, APR'd
    Caddy van 05/07 (colourcoded) (BRIGHT! orange!) coilovers, Konis 18in. wheels, Oettinger tuned

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    yea for all those not in the know those loose ends can become very loose when under the pressure of a fuel pump....it came to our attention that i ws paying not enough attention but some attention later and i drove the car out into the street where the circlip for the gearstick poped out and i have never experienced such a small gear shift in all my life. it was like putting my hand thru the floor haha lots of fun beep beep and the 9A says the rest roooooar!!!! :-0
    things left to be completed are some steel cable ties to hold some heatproof tape over the extracters where they come close to the steering columns ruber boot, i made my own front strut brace to save dollars, plus i like a bit of the practical look rather than the magazine look. i have a problem witht he rear disc brakes sticking? not looked much into it yet except i know the cables are loose and both brakes are the same ....tight on the discs. it makes it hard to roll the car around. well it used to, i put the battery in the boot so i have to weld a bracket to hold it in place, it was easy running the cable down the passenger side of the veichle all the holes were there and it all runs straight out of the fire wall at the other end and onto the gear box very tidy as far as cables and cluter goes i lke the freeer looking engine bay, the hard part was paying for it flopen cable prices i can tell you if you want electrical work done we arnt making money on the cable anymore thats for sure, i need also to put new bushes ect into all the gear linkages ect to make it all tight. at the moment i just guessed the measurments to set the gearshift because it is so loose, i have everything except fith. so im almost on the road. Yew!!
    happy driving to anyone who reads this

Users Country Flag

sounds like your nearly there mate good luck with the rest of it!
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123