Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Wreck, another Race Car.....

Ahh the Island! I have only had the pleasure of doing track days on my bike.
    Loving this thread and your video's!
    I cannot imagine the amount of work you have done, to get this far, looking back at your first page haha.
    I currently track my mk1 here in Tas. You're giving me the motivation to take it to the island someday!
    Congrats and look forward to seeing more of this!

Turn a bit too soon in round two there Pete?

How's the engine tuning coming along, still fiddling with it, or it's more or less sorted?
    s

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Going too fast and stayed on the brake too long

Engine needs more tuning, it's running in nicely but there's a lot more to be had yet.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

A few quick updates.

• I'll be at DoVW on Sunday with the Kamei Golf if anyone wants a look.
    • I won my class for the 2013 Vic supersprints
    • I'm entered in the SuperSprint Nationals in a few weeks at PI
    • I've ordered a new 02A based close ratio 6 speed box for next season
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    Pete, great vids once again.
    What guage/s do you find you always look at on the track apart from obvious tach, oil temp and speedo?

The digital dash is programmed to show speed, RPM, oil Temp, Water temp and oil pressure on screen 1 at the moment.

There's a total of 5 screens, I don't have time to switch between them mid race.

I use screens 2-5 for checking stuff and setting up in the pits. Brake bias and fuel gauge for example.

Things can get pretty busy on the track, most of the time you're busy enough just looking out the window.

The dash incorporates a shift light that's bright enough to make sure you always see it.

The shift light also acts as an alarm to tell you if temps are too hot, pressures are too low, voltage is too low etc. It's all programmable.

You also get lap times flashing up twice a lap on the message section of the display.

I tend to check temp and pressure on the straights where I've time and rely on the alarms to tell me if there's anything wrong the rest of the time.

I look at speed for a couple of corners where I'm trying to improve my entry speeds (Turn1 PI)

RPM, I usually use the shift lights rather than the read out. They're programmed so that between the first green and the last red is the shift zone. RPM cut out kicks in above the last red.
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Pete, appreciate the feedback.
    What sort of digital display are you using and where is it positioned? I know what you mean about time being rushed. I'm curious about position as I struggle to focus on anything outside my line of vision or in other words outside of the steering wheel position. The shift lights seem seem like a perfect solution. Do u have any photos of your console setup, if that's not asking too much.

There's a bunch of pics of the dash setup on page 47. It's directly behind the steering wheel.

It's a Race Technology Dash2 Products » Display products » DASH2 - Racing - Race Technology Ltd - Automotive Technical Excellence

Here it is through a dummy wheel I was using for mock up.

7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag

Thanks Pete, that looks the biz.

Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast