Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Wreck, another Race Car.....

Love the race suit Pete.

I love that you're still learning, pushing and improving. Really inspiring, and goes to show that the 'build' is really only half the project (in this case at least) Actually, I'm sure that research was probably the vast majority of the project.

Would also be interested to see how you go with the E85 on a NA application

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just signed up for the first two events of the season.

Phillip Island Group5 sprint Round 1 8/2/15

Sandown VSSC Round 1 22/1/15
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Back to Phillip Island today.

Round 1 I retired early due to a sudden power loss. Turned out to be that the plugs I'd put in were too hot.

I've been running a F5DTC which is on range cooler than the stock F6DTC plugs for a 16v.

This is the first time I've run a full session on the new tune though and the F5DTC plugs got too hot and one electrode bent over and shorted out on the centre electrode.

I've been carrying around several sets of very cold F3CS plugs used by Porsche racers so I put those in and they're working well. Of course the car might not start when it's cold now, I guess I'll figure that out later.

Eurospec had told me to use these originally but the first tune never needed them.

First 2 rounds I ran the Hoosiers but traction was appalling so I swapped back to the Toyo R888s and they hooked up straight away.

This was a shake down session for this season and I wasn't really pushing things, best time of the day was 2:00

79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

Is it only one plug damaged or all of them but one worse?
    What was the result for picture 2? Any change?

Not sure if you have seen it but someone on ClubGTI was looking for updates on your car

All the plugs were blue from heat damage. They've got three electrodes, on one plug one of the electrodes had bent over and was touching the centre.

They didn't have the scales turned on so I didn't get to check the weight on Sunday.

I've been meaning to update that thread on club GTI for some time.

There was another UK Kamei build thread on there whose owner, Mike, parted ways with Club GTI and I sort of let my updates lapse when he stopped writing about his.
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

I took the car to an unexpected car show today.

I was driving past the local ENZED and spotted a bunch of race cars setting up out front.

Seeing as I'm a regular customer of both the ENZED and the Bodyshop next door I though I'd take the golf down as the place is only a less than a km from home.

7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

awesome - I've never noticed how big / long / low that front splitter is!

I see it isn't on in some of those track shots - does it make a big difference to your front end grip on high speed corners?

This is so cool. Great to see you out and about with it. Fit and finish looks spot on.

I'm so far behind the times with your car, Pete. You were talking about building it while I was building mine and now you're racing yours.... And mine's still unfinished.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast