Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: '76 MK1 1.8T AGU Conversion

Hi Leigh,
    U can get me on 0406682540

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys, as i'm going thru the rigmorol of licensing as we speak for the mk2, i'll do a little sumthin on my thread for your info...
    -1990 Mk2 GTI 5-door with AMK 20vt (260hp @ wheels)
    -Arrow/Rotax 125 TAG X1E Go Kart

Look forward to how u get on with great interest. I'm going to pick up an APU 20v turbo unit tomorrow. Very excited!! Been wanting to do a decent conversion for soooo long it's not funny. With regards to emissions, do the compliance laws go by the engine or the car date of manufacture?

Users Country Flag

engine mounts

Quote Originally Posted by dubsquad View Post
    Time for a update, sorry guys wasnt slacking just away with work. Got the Qpeng management with harness and downpipe. Mine's setup with High/Low boost switch and all relay's for the fuel pump.

The downpipe..

I also started mocking-up the intercooler piping. Just need to use 1 part of the original piping which got the little 6mm nozzle for the boost controller.

The intercooler will be mounted low to give sufficient space for the throttle body piping. I wanted to fit the dumpvalve before the throttle body but it's really tight in there so it's gonna go before the intercooler.

Also had to remove the original radiator fan shroud and fit a slim fan to clear a bit of space. The other issue i had was the fuel tank cause i need a gravity feed tank like the GTI one. I bought a 2nd hand Diesel one but decided not to use it as was just full of sludge and crap that didn't want to flush out so now i'm awaiting a new one from the US. All and all it's getting there tho.

Cheers
    Leigh
    Hi ,
    I am currently planning my agu conversion on my mk1 gls , I have a complete 2001 gti that is my daily driver but recently had a rear end altercation with a commodore ....... my rear his front , its twisted my car so the best thing to do is use it in my mk1 I guess any one need a red mk4 lol , anyway did you have to change the engine mounts on the chassis rails at all to fit this engine ? Or can you buy a straight bolt on kit ?

Scott

Users Country Flag
    You can buy a straight bolt in kit. Few places to find them. German eBay or crazy quips mk1 being two of them.
    1976 VW Golf "Swallowtail" - Rallye Red (long term resto)
    2009 Pirelli GTI - Stg3 killer
    2009 R36 Passat - Daily baller
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jones View Post
    You take corners on three wheels, and V8's can't catch you.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you , I will have a look .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hey bud,

I bought mine from this guy in the UK. He's got this one for sale now....
    VW MK1 GOLF GTI 1.8T 20VT ENGINE CONVERSION BRACKET MOUNT | eBay

This one works for AGU, BAM,APY engine codes with the internal water pump. AEB uses a external one and uses the standard mk1 engine mount.

Cheers
    '
    '81 MK1 Golf GTI

'15 VW Golf R Wolfie

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011