Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 VW Caddy - GTI Pirelli upgrade and Facelift

Users Country Flag

2005 VW Caddy - GTI Pirelli upgrade and Facelift

Enter one 2005 VW Caddy 1.9TDI Manual with 300,000 kilometres and a body that has fought a few battles.

Practical for adopted greyhounds? Yes. A fun replacement for the Renault Clio Sport Cup that made way for it? No.

Following research and a close eye on the salvage auctions there's a wrecked Golf GTI Pirelli on the way from Sydney to Perth to donate its mechanicals to the Caddy.

That's all for now

Wiring it up will be fun. I await further updates and will be keen too see how this progresses.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Good luck with the upgrade.

If you are planning to install the Golf GTI Pirrelli seats, I believe that you will need the seat mounting frames from a VW Touran (people mover that shares many parts with the Caddy and the Golf) which I understand are available from ebay (UK).
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Good luck with the upgrade.

If you are planning to install the Golf GTI Pirrelli seats, I believe that you will need the seat mounting frames from a VW Touran (people mover that shares many parts with the Caddy and the Golf) which I understand are available from ebay (UK).
    Or just drill new holes in the front of the existing Caddy seat rails. The seats will sit a wee bit lower than if they were in the Golf but will fit with no issues.

If you do decide to get Touran seat rails buy then from eBay Germany or Poland and they are 1/3-1/2 cheaper than buying them from the UK. Better still if you know someone in NZ get them from there.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Horace, I will keep that in mind.

My wife keeps complaining about the front seats in the Caddy being uncomfortable, if I manage to save some money I will probably get a set of of the Touran seat rails and 2nd hand Golf GTI seats.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Stripping the Golf commences soon and I'm waiting on approval from the Department of Transport for the modifications - sounds like they were working on that yesterday

I got a pair of Touran bases from Germany - cheers for the tip! They weren't cheap after postage but far easier to deal with than the people on TradeMe in NZ.

Also found a pair of SuperPro Alloy control arms with anti-lift, should help keep the wheels from tramping.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Poor Pirelli is borked. Even the compliance plate is bent out of shape and the wheel well is so crumpled I had to deflate the tyre before levering it out.

Last edited by Loud; 01-03-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Awesome project, I wanted to do this for a long time .... alas my need for a 7 seater has vanished, so no real purpose in doing it anymore.

Will be watching this closely though as it will be awesome when done!
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

well whats happening?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast