Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1987 Audi 200 tq

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Logic? The guy owns an Audi 200. Where's the logic in that?

Im not sure if I should take offence to that???

The world is devoid and logic and reason anyway

Audi 200 long live

Users Country Flag
    Please revert the same and do the need for.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ppoida View Post
    i should buy this one lol....

this thing loks cool pete! only just seen this thread! (as always....)

yes you should!!! Hopefully I will have the 200 done by Dub fest.... How are your rides going???

Righto got this back

Wow thats a dash!!!!!!!!!!!

Had it finished in grey Alcantara with light blue stitching to match the rabbits jacket and offer a subtle contrast and according to the trimmer it was a beatch to do!!

The original dash had 4 inch speakers in it the plastic grills looked naff so we made some new grills out of MDF and trimmed in dark charcoal velour and managed to fit a nice little pair of 6 x 4's in there still need to tidy up the mounting of the speakers.

Also had the gear boot made in the same materials as the dash and the gear knob done in black perforated leather and light blue stitching

Super happy with the way it has come out, steve from classic trimmers ringwood if anyone need some gear done

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I don't know what you paid but it looks like money well spent.

That dash is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    I don't know what you paid but it looks like money well spent.

That dash is awesome!
    Happy to share, dash with the repairs, mods to the speaker holes, speaker grills, and a heap of plastic welding to fix cracks underneath was give or take $500

Looks horn!! Steve does great work and very well priced in my books

Cheers

Righto, 1 month since i've done anything to the 200. Finding a set of rims for this car has been not as straight forward as I would have like but finally I found a set set that look good didn't brake the bank and fit with minor modification.

B6 A4 Cab Wheels 17 x 7.5 +43 , if any one has a set of centre caps let me know.

After test fitting front and rear I need to order some 5mm spacers for the front and longer bolts. They arrived the other day off to Baytech to put her shoes on!

Just need to get more lows now!!

Well after finally going through 4 different climate control units I received one that was meant to work, although the loom was slightly different. I began by stripping all the wires back and matching the wires that were the same colours and just twisting and taping for a test install. OMG only 20 of the 23 wire could be matched but the unit roared into life!!!!!! Woot woot!!! Also all the functions work correctly too, no idea what the other 3 wires do but hey I finally have a HVAC that works!!

To make the install more permanent I decided to solder and shrink wrap the loom things to remember when soldering

1) Put a large damp rag under your work area so no drips of solder burn anything they shouldn't
    2) Heat your work area with the solder first makes it all that bit easier
    3) Remember to slide the sink wrap on the wire before you solder LOL

After installing the HVAC I thought I would test fit the dash here are a couple quick pics

Looks great, fits nice and snug. Its clear that the colour isn't a good match to the faded velour. Once the dash is in I think i'll work on re-trimming the door cards with the same alacantra and blue stitching, then finally I will have the seats done or changed etc etc.

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast