Support VWWC

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1976 Mk1 Scirocco Build

Quote Originally Posted by alex g View Post
    Quality bro, but I'm a little worried what the boys are gonna think next cruise down Oxford st when they can't let the top down ????
    I'm goin for the badass outa towner look I think the rocco will help me pull it off; denim jacket, leather pants u know the look!

Yeah it's more the path I wanna go as opposed to the cabby. Yeah Rob the cabby went up to QLD.

hurrah

Glad to see this car was purchased by a regular forum user.

It truly was an exceptional deal for that money.. these cars dont just float on their own to get here.

Now you will find out first hand how difficult it is finding parts, golf 1 stuff is easy compared to some of the elusive Early Scirocco stuff. Hit me up if your needing anything as I do have a bit of a hoard going.

One of the first jobs you should tackle is to relocate the brake lines to the exterior of the body, as should be done for any early Mk 1 golf.

Good luck
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Thanks Grant appreciate it mate i think we will definitely be in touch shortly!

Driver side fixed quarter done, left the chrome trim there as i said when doing the respray will most likely be putting window trims back to chrome...Ummm worst job ever just quietly

and fitted the sneaky little cold air duct...

BRB gone Thailand back in 2 weeks

76 Scirocco

bought a mk 1 rocco and going on holidays ... lucky!!

love putting the chrome back on, would have done the same myself!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag
    Hi Dom,

How is the Rocco going?

Any updates

So not an awful lot happening although i have been flat out just tuidying things up doing all the usual road worthy items gave it a good clean up today see pics below.

heres a little checklist of things to be done after its on the road, oh sorry forgot to mention blue-slip tomorrow !!!

List:
    -Fix/ Patch exhaust leak
    -Install 428 cam and cam gear (ordering by end of March)
    -Coilovers (ordering by end of March)
    -Small fuel/ coolant leak near around manifold needs further looking into
    -Go over any small surface rust
    -Tyres possibly depending on wheel situation

Let me know what you think guys!

76 Scirocco

paint it and done!

So lucky!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag
    Nice! They don't make cars like this anymore.
    Scirocco R - Candy White / DSG / Panoramic Roof / RNS510
    Mods - HPA ECU & DSG Stage 2 / VWR Racing Intake / Akrapovic Slip-On Titanium Tips / Milltek DP / HPA Mounts / Superpro LCA / H&R Sport Springs / VMR V710 19x8.5 / Michelin PSS 255-35

looking good Dom. had a search for the trim item your needing, will still take some time to track it down ( my workshop is a tip right now, just ask Wade )

Little tip, when it comes to paint time do not loose the clips that hold the trim around the rear quarter windows, there is NONE available anywhere !!

Think the boot lid latch handle is the wrong one, may not be completely waterproof if its the early plunger with the late plastic handle.

Hope the previous gave you the rest of the original interior, If so it will add value to the car . What was the original paint code ??
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Quote Originally Posted by roccodingo View Post
    looking good Dom. had a search for the trim item your needing, will still take some time to track it down ( my workshop is a tip right now, just ask Wade )

Little tip, when it comes to paint time do not loose the clips that hold the trim around the rear quarter windows, there is NONE available anywhere !!

Think the boot lid latch handle is the wrong one, may not be completely waterproof if its the early plunger with the late plastic handle.

Hope the previous gave you the rest of the original interior, If so it will add value to the car . What was the original paint code ??
    Thanks mate no worries let me know when you find it and it and we'll do it then.

The only part of the interior that isn't original is the front seats and unfortunately they were tossed a while ago as they were well shagged!

Another thing is getting insurance for one of these is not an easy task. I found NRMA Classic Car Insurance to be the best, their standard insurance has an agreed value of $3,600 with a premium of something like $1200 what a joke!

Getting excited with the blue slip today!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast