Thread: What can I get away with in my MK1 Golf and still have it registered.

Users Country Flag

What can I get away with in my MK1 Golf and still have it registered.

I'm looking at doing some track work with my MK1 Golf when it's back on the road and need some advice so I don't get into trouble with historic rego.

What's the rule with rollcages in NSW, can I fit a full cage and still be registered? Half cage?

Full harness allowed?

How much of the original interior do I need for rego?

The plan is to finish rebuilding it but compete at track days at Wakefield Park and a few hillclimbs.

Users Country Flag

From what I understand H plates are supposed to be 100% stock. Period.
    It was often down to the club endorsing to check and some were more/less lax than others, some allowed "period options" and replacement parts where OEM were not available anymore... Again, from what I understand it really was supposed to be 100% stock only.

BUT!

Now there are D plates which are for Classic cars (essentially anything that doesn't meet the stock requirements of historic rego) which have been around for a little while.

Classic vehicles - Get a NSW registration - Registration - Roads - Roads and Maritime Services

Now I'm sure I've skipped over plenty of the details living in another state these days, but read away! The cage is a good question, probably need to be road legal meaning four point, not six point.
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 02-10-2019 at 05:25 PM.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit