Thread: Vw tcr...

Users Country Flag

Cool Vw tcr...

2015 Jetta Highline
    2017 Ducati Supersport S

And possibly not many more after VW's overnight announcement of their withdrawal from all internel combustion motor sport.

Users Country Flag
    Construction of the race cars will cease at the end of this year, but parts and technical support will continue as normal.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    And possibly not many more after VW's overnight announcement of their withdrawal from all internel combustion motor sport.
    Electricity just makes its way like magic into those batteries I guess - doesnt come from burning coal ever does it. As long as they don't have to buy carbon credits in the EU to offset the liquid fuel generated carbon anymore and instead just outsource battery production, one the filthiest and most damaging industries in existance off to some remote part of the world, then all the better for...……..who...…..the environment, please. It'll benefit VW and their current ****ty ethical image and their bank balance when they pay less carbon tax. For a time.
    So while they'll be clinking their glasses new lithium mines will be dug, shipped 4 times, processed, manufactured and charged off the grid, in a town near you.
    I read that Chinas EV uptake dropped 40% last year. Could it be that moving from the arms of the petrochemical companies further into the arms of the electricity companies has done little to improve their air quality and nothing to improve carbon emissions. Volvo has said they'll never make newer generation IC engines after the ones they have in the field now and VW has said they'll be going full electric. I think a market trend like Chinas will make them shudder. I don't know how the far left is going to get around the irony when EV's dominate but they have to start pushing for carbon-less Nuclear electric power to return, since I'm sure they'll be astonished to learn after their implementation that electric vehicles do very little to address the biggest question which is carbon emissions.
    I read recently that petrochemical companies have the technology to go to full synthetic fuels. ie not fossil fuel based fuels at all. Its entirely possible that they'll be able to engineer what the emissions will be at the fuel level. Its sports like F1 where fuels are completely open under the rules where this kind of research goes on. So killing off IC motorsport is even more dangerous because that is literally the laboratory where the boundaries are pushed on its betterment. At the least IC motors should continue to be run alongside electric in hybrid form which seems to be the model that Mercedes is following But throwing away 100 year old pinnacle internal combustion technology and making a cold turkey switch to full electric to me like VW want to do is just madness. There isn't even enough lithium in the ground. I think VW are making there own noose .
    Last edited by sambb; 10-01-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    I don't know how the far left is going to get around the irony when EV's dominate
    I love political statements because that is what this post seems to be, carry on, don't mind me.

Users Country Flag

ha ha fair enough. I get cranky after night shifts sometimes. Not directed at you or your statement if that's what you though. Just don't like seeing good tech and good motorsport get cast aside.