Thread: VIC - Track days

VIC - Track days

Anyone do track days in Vic?
    Any that people can recommend going to but not just VW related?
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro

Are you a cams car club member

No.......

Quote Originally Posted by blutopless2 View Post
    Anyone do track days in Vic?
    Any that people can recommend going to but not just VW related?
    I joined the AWDCC end of last year to do track days in my GolfR. You get to meet a nice bunch of helpful people with great advice. Highly reccomended. All shapes and sizes of cars get along.

Winton has test and tune days, no membership needed. Just buy the day license and you are set if you want to give it a go.

Thanks... I have been to a couple now with Tampered Motorsport... Winton and Sandown.
    Was initially sceptic as to the driving standards and courtesy for others etc... but after going to these I have found that people are not all out to try and push you off the track etc..
    The days have a nice mix of cars too so you get to see some great machinery and chat with people about their cars etc.

Are the track days at Winton with the club only for club members?

Quote Originally Posted by blutopless2 View Post
    Thanks... I have been to a couple now with Tampered Motorsport... Winton and Sandown.
    Was initially sceptic as to the driving standards and courtesy for others etc... but after going to these I have found that people are not all out to try and push you off the track etc..
    The days have a nice mix of cars too so you get to see some great machinery and chat with people about their cars etc.

Are the track days at Winton with the club only for club members?
    Test & Tune open to the general public. Just need to make sure you have/buy the relevant motorsport license.

They have club days as well for different clubs so you would have to see what is needed if you wanted to go to one of those.

Im guessing you have a AASA licence? Just keep a look on the Winton website.

If you want to do CAMS events join a club, get a licence and away you go.

Keep an eye on here: https://www.cams.com.au/get-involved...event-calendar