Thread: The V8 commodore replacement

Users Country Flag

The V8 commodore replacement

The KIA Stinger its a V6 twin turbo but covers the same Ground in the same time extreamly fast
    and has a 7 year warranty
    Tested: the Korean car that wants to take on Holden Commodore V8 buyers

Users Country Flag

By all accounts an impressive vehicle, particularly given it's a first crack and the relatively benign history of Kia to date.

I can't see it appealing to SS/XR8 buyers who will either keep rolling with their existing rides long term, or take the compromises inherent in the replacements - two doors and in the case of the Camaro, price (aiming for $90k with a mid-level spec). A lot of these buyers have probably bought the last of breed from the Australian factories, and a lot will have the cash to take their two-door V8 and use the SUV for passengers.

For the four and six crowd however it is a game changer - your SV6/XR6 crowd, and potentially some of the 6/Liberty buyers who are keen on the performance. It's a reasonable looker, tough from some angles, a little odd from others but overall I don't mind it and it's nice to see they've brought the interior up to speed.

Dare I say even that yellow car with a drop, the optional exhaust and some decent wheels would look pretty nice.

And the 7 year warranty will be a good drawcard over the opposition as well.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs