Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: QLD - TimeAttack 2016

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld
    Posts
    1,095
    Users Country Flag

    If you get one, get blue; red's already taken.
    Click or tap --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | IE CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge | 16% tint
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama Advan A050 Soft | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Eatons Hill, Queensland
    Posts
    171
    Users Country Flag
    My cut and paste skills are l337…



  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    463
    Users Country Flag

    QLD - TimeAttack 2016

    LOL nice work K man.
    I've decided to run R compound only this year. It's Holy Grail time.

    Sean will u be running the Poli in the N/A Rotary class this year?
    Last edited by grandturismo; 25-01-2016 at 07:19 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Eatons Hill, Queensland
    Posts
    171
    Users Country Flag
    Another request for suggestions. What about tow hooks.
    I remember being told the alloy tow hooks are rubbish because they bend under load. I'm not planning to leave the black stuff...but I just want to be sure that I can be towed if required.
    Alloy tow hook a la...
    QLD - TimeAttack 2016-165323_x600-jpg
    OR
    Is the factory cast iron tows the better option.
    QLD - TimeAttack 2016-s-l1600-jpg

    Anything better to consider?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    463
    Users Country Flag

    QLD - TimeAttack 2016

    I can definitely tell u that alloy tow hooks do bend under load but they are lighter. If you don't plan on leaving the black stuff both work perfectly well. I bought a ribbon style for this year, hopefully I won't need it but having said that, you could just run out of fuel and need a pull back to the pits...right machine?
    Last edited by grandturismo; 26-01-2016 at 07:00 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld
    Posts
    1,095
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by An7on View Post
    Another request for suggestions. What about tow hooks.
    I remember being told the alloy tow hooks are rubbish because they bend under load. I'm not planning to leave the black stuff...but I just want to be sure that I can be towed if required.
    Alloy tow hook a la...
    QLD - TimeAttack 2016-165323_x600-jpg
    OR
    Is the factory cast iron tows the better option.
    QLD - TimeAttack 2016-s-l1600-jpg

    Anything better to consider?
    Unless weight or looks concern you, I don't think there's anything better than the factory tow hooks. My car came with one and I bought an extra one, so I can screw in to both front and rear. I've used them, too, a couple of times without issue.
    Click or tap --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | IE CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge | 16% tint
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama Advan A050 Soft | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld
    Posts
    1,095
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    I can definitely tell u that alloy tow hooks do bend under load but they are lighter. If you don't plan on leaving the black stuff both work perfectly well. I bought a ribbon style for this year, hopefully I won't need it but having said that, you could just run out of fuel and need a pull back to the pits...right machine?
    Exactly. If you like to use every drop of fuel in the tank and go for those PB's with the lightest possible car, you definitely need a tow hook!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Eatons Hill, Queensland
    Posts
    171
    Users Country Flag
    I think a second OEM hook will be the go.
    I think I'll hit up the wreckers.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brisbane - QLD
    Posts
    1,252
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by An7on View Post
    I think a second OEM hook will be the go.
    I think I'll hit up the wreckers.
    saw one on ebay at one point for $20 only
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,272
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    Sean will u be running the Poli in the N/A Rotary class this year?
    I think it's C3, performance class, same as you perhaps. I emailed Paul last week about the categorizing of last year having me in the NA class. The class and points won't matter to me, going to be a tail ender anyhow. Unless there's a Poli class, should do well in that.

    My holy grail would be cracking into the 61s, not sure that's realistic. Mid 62 I'll be chuffed.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |