Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24 hours of LeMons!

Users Country Flag

24 hours of LeMons!

Has Anyone heard about this? Interested?

Endurance car racing - 24 Hours of LeMons - Australia

Basically its a 24 hour race, car can cost no more than $999,
    You can spend money on wheels/tyres, brakes, roll cage, racing seat, fuel, safety etc on top of the $999.
    5-6 drivers per team, crew extra
    looks to be $870 to enter a driver.

Looks like alot of fun. Anyone else considering?
    Scirocco R, APR 2+,VWR BBK,HP, QUAIFE, FORGE, VWR 18x9.

Users Country Flag
    Been wondering how long until this event finally made it Oz. Has been running around the USA for many years.
    Sounds like a bunch of fun. Unfortunately not that convenient for those of us living in the western half of the country...
    Current - 2007 Golf GTI, DSG, RCD510, K&N Panel Filter, BSH PCV revamp, Bluefin Stage 1 tune, 18" Omanyt's with RE003s.
    Previous - 2003 Renault Clio Sport 172 - Flame Red. -Gone-

Users Country Flag
    Guess they wont be holding this at Orange. ROFL
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Irrespective of whether I'd be interested in having a crack, their website has given me a damn solid laugh tonight. Kudos!
    WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon

Just be careful when you read the fine print
    $999 car plus the $3k cage $2k in other safety gear and all that, but at the end the organisers reserve the right to buy the car for $999 at the end, err sorry not for me

Users Country Flag
    That's madness.

You'd have to be insane to invest that sort of money into a clunker.

Safety gear is easily over $6000 and you've got another $5000+ in entry fees.

Count me out. I doubt they'll get many entries.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    i think the $999 buy back is a joke
    its hard to make sense of what is a joke and what isnt,
    but year its definitely only for those who are fairly cashed up
    Scirocco R, APR 2+,VWR BBK,HP, QUAIFE, FORGE, VWR 18x9.

Users Country Flag
    Lastminute Motorsport is our chosen team name keep an eye out in this event ,we are running a VW Golf......this is for charity . Yes you can enter with up to 6 drivers at a cost of $880 per driver......The event will be run at Wakefield Park with the aim is on endurance over a two day event and I think will be run as a super sprint format door to door racing will be more costly. Currently there are over 100 expressions of interest and the organisers are contemplating a second event due to the over whelming response. By the way it,s amazing what you can buy at a damaged car auction late model thats definitely not a clunker ....water damaged cars are the answer here. This event is aimed at a collective where by equipment costs can be shared by the competitors and don't forget selling space on the car can also used to purchase safety equipment, my take on this event is a whole lot of collective FUN going towards charity aimed at men...Prostrate Cancer......and at the end knowing you have helped in the community enjoying yourself...doesn't get better than that !!

Brilliant idea and a funny read. You'd really want there to be a handful of races a year to justify the cost associated to prepping the car. But given the sub $1000 budget, the car probably wouldn't last a handful of races, at least not 24hr races. It could be a lot of fun.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

These events are organised by a private profit making company, they are not for charity, they support a charity but it is completely different to something like the Variety bash where all "profits" go to a charity

I am sure it will be great fun, and I bet in a year or two there will be a few of them (just like the AASA endurance series which stated at Winton and is now at Wakefield and QR) and I would think those are the venues most suitable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast