Thread: 2013 Polo WRC debut, Monte Carlo

2013 Polo WRC debut, Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo WRC has been run and won... by Seb Loeb !! In my books, the guy is the best driver in the world! And considering he's bowed out from official championship title contention, he's entering the rally events he wants to, with full factory backing!

But most importantly, the VW Polo WRC has proven exceptional, consider this, 1st stage of 2013, Seb Ogier scored a stage win, almost unheard of, and considering he beat Loeb by 3 secs! Last 2 stages of the rally were called off for safety reasons, so the final standings were Citroen, VW, Citroen. Unfortunately, the second VW driven by Latvala DNF'ed following a crash in stage 14 of 17, otherwise at that point he was in 4th place as well!

So bring on Sweden in 3 weeks, and Rally Aust in 9 months
    '03 Bora V6 4motion ~ CC Flash ~ Neuspeed F&R ARB ~ .:R optioned - Bilsteins,Springs,shifter,steering ~ Tyrol Brake kit ~ EVOMS CAI

PS... if you like to watch

youtube vids!
    '03 Bora V6 4motion ~ CC Flash ~ Neuspeed F&R ARB ~ .:R optioned - Bilsteins,Springs,shifter,steering ~ Tyrol Brake kit ~ EVOMS CAI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella View Post
    PS... if you like to watch

youtube vids!
    Love the look of that Polo WRC car.. hopefully this is the beginning of a new area in rallying and other manufacturers start to get back on board.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

That video has been removed try this one..

The Monte Carlo Rally highlights - YouTube

Rob

Users Country Flag
    I must say I was surprised at how well sorted the Polo WRC car was. It probably helped that Ogier is at the wheel too. Although I don't particularly like Ogier (seems very cold and no personality), he is a VERY good driver. IMO he is the next Loeb but probably won't have as long list of wins. Here's hoping Latvala gets some more confidence with the Polo. Looking forward for Rally Australia in September CITROEN FTW! (yes I had to say it)
    Last edited by THE_EGG; 30-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Users Country Flag

It appears the PoloR WRC has won on debut !