Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cupra things

In hibernation with battery on charge most of the time.
    Removed the window tint as it looked to be fading a bit. Not sure to re-tint or leave as is. If I do I'm thinking illegal 20% and even darker rear?
    Been looking at this since forever with motorsport cables (left one):

Mounts from underneath so should let me keep the center console, I like the overkill reverse lever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cupra things-12719111_1123540637686525_1227989957179145289_o-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Damn sexy but geez they are expensive. Wouldn't take much for a local machine shop to replicate if they had one to take measurements off.

Reverse lever looks like it came off a cheap mountain bike.

Hi guys
    Just taken possession of this car making my way back to Tasmania....good car half intended it as donor car but I think it deserves some more life on the road it’s a good thing..needs new drivers seat a window regulator and the jom suspension has to go other than that she’s great
    Really happy with it

Users Country Flag
    Got your Facebook message. Great buy. Get a list together of everything you need and I'll see what I've got.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Got your Facebook message. Great buy. Get a list together of everything you need and I'll see what I've got.

Cheers

Paul
    Hey mate at this stage I want to make it comfortable...I have a set of mk2 gti eibach springs and shocks if I can’t find a good set up off a cupra I’ll put the fronts on and look for the rear only.

Most certainly will need a drivers seat as this one is sitting on a brick as something in the height mechanism has failed...still yet to investigate that.

I fixed the power windows yesterday which wasn’t as painful as I imagined

I dropped in to show Andrew robinson I thought he would like to see it. When we were admiring the engine he popped a vacuum hose back on and the heater seems to be working better now.

The heat shield or exhaust makes some noise while the car is cold but soon goes quiet that’s another thing to investigate other than these things the car is mint.

I am tempted to try and fit my bbs rs off my mk1 to have a look but I have feeling the brakes will likely hit they very high offset off jap car.

So shopping list as it stands

-Drivers seat (mint) would buy all seats if I have to
    -suspension either whole or just rears

-mint roof channel seal and clips (assume this one might be harder to find)

Cheers for reply mate

Really chuffed with the car I feel it’s going to serve me well for some time

Remember rear suspension is from a 6n polo, so its not the same as the Mk2/3 rear strut.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    Remember rear suspension is from a 6n polo, so its not the same as the Mk2/3 rear strut.
    Cheers water boy loon pointed that out to to me I think I’m all good and sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonO View Post
    Hi guys
    Just taken possession of this car making my way back to Tasmania....good car half intended it as donor car but I think it deserves some more life on the road it’s a good thing..needs new drivers seat a window regulator and the jom suspension has to go other than that she’s great
    Really happy with it
    Haven't checked here in a while not sure which car you got but I still own this one 😆
    I've sorta gone a different direction with the car since my last posts will update soon 🤭

Users Country Flag

Accidentally deleted my previous post,
    The car has been turned into a sort of camper car.

On the roof there's a 100w solar panel, 2 bike racks and an external antenna for internet access.
    Inside the cabin area I've tried to keep everything looking as stock as possible.
    The stereo is original but I've hardwired Bluetooth functionality into it.

Incredibly this car now has 4 folding cup holders!

There's USB charge ports on either side of the rear passenger seating.

Ash tray has been replaced with a battery monitor (no cutting needed it was a perfect fit!)

There is also 240volts AC power (500watts max) located under the front passenger seat.

Moving into the boot area and it's a whole different story.
    I've used every available inch to fit the following:

Kitchen benchtop/drawer
    Sink with running water
    54Ah Lithium battery
    Battery charge controller (switches between cars alternator when engine running and solar when parked)
    Wifi router (lets me remotely monitor the front and rear dashcams which are always running)
    55litre fridge
    20litre fresh water tank
    5.5litre grey water tank (drains electronically with a switch on the conter console)
    Water pump
    Garden hose
    Soap dispenser
    And some low power 240v appliances like a mini rice cooker and a small kettle.

Finally a short clip of the "cupra campa"
    Last edited by tonijov; 20-08-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast