Thread: 1999 SEAT Toledo Magnus for sale on Gumtree - 286,00km!!

Question 1999 SEAT Toledo Magnus for sale on Gumtree - 286,00km!!

Hi guys,

Just looking for some feedback if anyone is able to give me any .....

I've just enquired on a 1999 Toledo Magnus that's been for sale for a while now on Gumtree, but the kilometres worry me a bit, 286,000km!! He's asking $1,500.00 for it.

1999 Seat Toledo Hatchback | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Brimbank Area - Sunshine | 1085065627

My last SEAT was a 1999 Cordoba SXE and when a friend of mine bought her off me, it had done 198,000km and really hadn't missed a beat! I myself had put around 180,000km on the clock!!

I might come across as an annoying interstate buyer, I'm in Adelaide and the car is in Victoria, but I'm a genuine buyer and I've been looking at getting another SEAT for a while, but just haven't found the right one. I've asked a few questions and if he's open to an RACV inspection, so I'm just waiting to hear back from the buyer.

And I bought cars from Victoria before, so I know what needs to happen in that regards.

The Toledo's are a little strange to the 'everyday' person, but I don't mind them. I like the later ones, more so than the earlier ones that came over, they don't look so edgy! Lol!

Any feedback would be great!

James
    1.6L 5 speed 1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE

Users Country Flag
    I don't know much about the Toledos but my MK2 Golf has done 340,000 ks and is still going strong. She is my daily driver and does over 1000 ks a week. It's not perfect but there's been very little mechanically that's broken over the past few years.

If the Toledo feels nice to drive then buy it. You know you will be up for some mechanical repairs over the next few years just like any other car but parts shouldn't be expensive and if you are able to replace the parts yourself then it's a very economical car.

Use the fact that it's done so many ks to knock the price down.

Cheers

Paul

PS. I just had a look at the ad. It's not a bad looking car and if I was looking to get another car I'd consider buying it!
    Last edited by sports racer; 02-08-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Users Country Flag
    The 2E engine in the Toledo is solid. Possibly one of the strongest 4 cyl petrol engines you can get your hands on.

I reckon she'd be an amazing buy.

2007 Volkswagen Golf, MKV GTi, Schtock, RED
    1998 Seat Ibiza Cupra, ABF 2.0L 16V, BLAAAAAAAAACK, WEEKEND BABY
    1995 Seat Ibiza GTi, 2E 2.0L 8V, 15" E30 Rims, Alpine White. RACECAR!
    "I drive a Volkswagon - Therefore, by default I am better than you!"

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I've tried calling the buyer a few times, but it just goes to a message bank and I've also sent another email, but I've yet to hear a reply back from them.

Oh well, can't be too eager to sell it then!

See what happens ....
    1.6L 5 speed 1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE

Users Country Flag

I currently have a 1998 Toledo, bought it for 2000 3 or 4 years ago. Currently at 170000kms. No major issues yet. Bits and bobs like the window regulator, and the rear shocks aren't great.
    Great car to drive, comfortable and fast, and is a nicer place to be than my brother's ibiza.