Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Scirocco r mods

Users Country Flag

Scirocco r mods

Hi anyone planning to do aftermarket modifications? If so what are your potential mods?

After getting a rear sway bar, I'm planning to get coil overs/springs, does anyone know if it will affect the Adaptive chassis control?

Users Country Flag
    I think KW make the only coilovers that are compatible with ACC. It will be disabled with other brands AFAIK
    http://www.evlmotorsports.com.au/kw-...amper-control/
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

After the 3k service I'll be lowering, new rims and possibly an aftermarket tune. Part from that I'll be getting some grey tint heh.

Those coil overs look nice so will check into the pricing of those.
    Scirocco R - Candy White, Sat Nav,tinted windows, H&R Springs, 19x9 ETA BETA Tettsut X Black rims.

Audi S3 Sedan - Riviera Blue Exclusive paint, PP2, H&R Super Sport springs

Users Country Flag
    Well... there is the other thread that has info on Reversing Camera and an expression of interest for Carbon Fibre mirror caps... plus another one about APR... perhaps they should all be rolled into one thread.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bain View Post
    After the 3k service I'll be lowering, new rims and possibly an aftermarket tune. Part from that I'll be getting some grey tint heh.

Those coil overs look nice so will check into the pricing of those.
    The coil overs are the ONLY way to get the sort of stance that 10d has on his black one.. but damn they are expensive for the ACC compatible ones. I will pass....
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

I'm getting a VWR air intake, votex CUP spoiler (fiberglass, already ordered) and paint the rims.... and a tune by maybe Veizu? to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Andych View Post
    Well... there is the other thread that has info on Reversing Camera and an expression of interest for Carbon Fibre mirror caps... plus another one about APR... perhaps they should all be rolled into one thread.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

The coil overs are the ONLY way to get the sort of stance that 10d has on his black one.. but damn they are expensive for the ACC compatible ones. I will pass....

hmm K-mac make custom springs. If the coilovers are super expensive, I think ill go with some Eibach springs first off and do the changeover myself.
    Scirocco R - Candy White, Sat Nav,tinted windows, H&R Springs, 19x9 ETA BETA Tettsut X Black rims.

Did anyone read the Scirocco Wheels COTY write up? Sum it up... great car... suspension on the standard 19 inch wheel way to harsh.

Depends what you're after. I prefer harder suspension to the boaT like suspension most people are used to.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    Did anyone read the Scirocco Wheels COTY write up? Sum it up... great car... suspension on the standard 19 inch wheel way to harsh.
    Also read the roads they used.. Personally when I tested the Roc it was on pretty ordinary roads.. certainly not super smooth freeways / motorways (do they exist in NSW) and the suspension was set to normal. I didn't change the setting but found the ride to be firm but perfectly acceptable for a 3 door Sport Coupe.

There was / is a similar argument that is ongoing with the Golf R about 19's vs 18's and ride etc...

Personally.... I would have ordered it with 19's anyway...
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

Users Country Flag

Not concerned about the ride - if I wanted to drive around in a lounge room I would have ordered a Lexus or something.

Two things that I would consider changing (and these will seem really silly) are:

covered drinks holder
    covered 'cubby' hole in front of the DSG gear selector

I just think the interior looks a little unfinished with these holes in the console - especially the cup holders.

Apparently a golf lidded drink holder can be substituted in according to the guys on sciroccocentral.

+ tint of course

Later maybe APR stage 1 (or similar) and suspension upgrade but will live with the standard car for a while.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast