Support VWWC

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Scirocco r mods

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andych View Post
    Not specifically a Mod but I have ordered one of these kits...
    VW AUDI Stone Chip Paint Scratch - Candy White - LB9A | eBay

I have used the same person for a Panther Black kit for my Mondeo and the match was perfect...they do all the VW colours and it arrived in 1 week from the UK...
    Nice find! Ordered me one as well

Users Country Flag
    You may of seen that I'm not a fan of the 'unfinished' interior in the R with open cupholders and the open area in front of the gear selector where the 12 volt connection is.

The parts to do this are available in the UK - the open area in the front of the console just needs to be built with a smokers pack option (not a smoker though)

I've asked the dealer this morning to see if I can get these two customisations done during the build rather than dismantling the console on arrival. I don't have a build date yet but as far as I can see the car won't be built until April (week 12 or so) as it is not due to land to June 14th (week 24).

I'm not expecting a yes but nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    While doing a search for lowered springs I can across Volkswagen Racing UK.
    There is plenty of gear for the Scirocco from lowered springs to Big Brake kits....
    Rennenhaus in NSW are listed as the distributor... not sure if they stock anything but might be worth contacting if you find anything on their site that takes your fancy...
    Volkswagen RacingScirocco » Volkswagen Racing
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

While doing a search for lowered springs I can across Volkswagen Racing UK.
    There is plenty of gear for the Scirocco from lowered springs to Big Brake kits....
    Rennenhaus in NSW are listed as the distributor... not sure if they stock anything but might be worth contacting if you find anything on their site that takes your fancy...
    Volkswagen RacingScirocco » Volkswagen Racing
    I actually spoke to Ian, and haddad a few items already. He will be getting scirocco himself.

Thats where I'll be getting VWR intake from.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by why_999 View Post
    I actually spoke to Ian, and haddad a few items already. He will be getting scirocco himself.

Thats where I'll be getting VWR intake from.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    They certainly have a good Rep... I might have to enquire about those springs... I think the 20 mm drop will be just about right.
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

They certainly have a good Rep... I might have to enquire about those springs... I think the 20 mm drop will be just about right.
    Are you worried about the early wear of the dampers???

Dampers are generally replaced every 100k km's. So even with the car lowered you wouldnt have to touch them (if they perished) for at least 3 years, which is going to be outside your warranty period anyway.

My H&R lowered springs should be arrive on monday. If I have enough time on the following weekend, ill pop them in and take some pics.
    Scirocco R - Candy White, Sat Nav,tinted windows, H&R Springs, 19x9 ETA BETA Tettsut X Black rims.

Audi S3 Sedan - Riviera Blue Exclusive paint, PP2, H&R Super Sport springs

Users Country Flag
    Nope... only the visual aspects of the ride height... ACC only interacts with the valving on the dampers as well as steering load (Sports mode), not on the relative piston position so in general terms lowering 20 mm or 35 mm (H&R) should not have any effect on the damper life.
    There will still be plenty of wheel travel so as long as you are not bottoming out all the time there will be no worries.
    I believe they are made for Volkswagen Racing by Eibach too so all in all they are a good product... depending on price of course.

PS How much were the H&R's Bain?

PS How much were the H&R's Bain?
    £196.69 ($292.50) delivered to my door using UPS shipping. All was done through Paypal and the response times were fantastic! Ordered and shipped within a day.

According to UPS, my springs are currently in Koeln, Germany (originating out of the UK)

Thought id start out with a small purchase from the site before making a larger purchase down the track (KW DCC Coilovers) and possibly losing my money.
    Last edited by Bain; 31-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Scirocco R - Candy White, Sat Nav,tinted windows, H&R Springs, 19x9 ETA BETA Tettsut X Black rims.

Audi S3 Sedan - Riviera Blue Exclusive paint, PP2, H&R Super Sport springs

Quote Originally Posted by Bain View Post
    £196.69 ($292.50) delivered to my door using UPS shipping. All was done through Paypal and the response times were fantastic! Ordered and shipped within a day.

According to UPS, my springs are currently in Koeln, Germany (originating out of the UK)

Thought id start out with a small purchase from the site before making a larger purchase down the track (KW DCC Coilovers) and possibly losing my money.
    Bain,

Which site did you order them from??

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast