Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The official I have ordered/received my new Scirocco thread

Users Country Flag

Dad's New Toy

Hello there

Thought I might throw this one into our Tig forum (with pride...)

Dad got himself a new toy on the weekend (see below), so I thought I might throw in a few comments in comparison with my APR Stage I Tig. As well as to have a bit of a gloat of course.

Presenting the Scirocco R with DSG.

...and the backside of the Scirocco R.

...and the front quarter of the Scirocco R.

First of all, my apologies about the image quality (my Xperia Play isn't really made for brilliant photography). Second, no photo will ever do one of the beautiful things justice - standing next to it felt awesome.

Finally, it goes like the clappers. I know that my Tig and the Scirocco R are reasonably similar on paper (with weight, height and 2WD vs 4Mo and DSG vs 6 speed manual the obvious exceptions) but this thing felt way faster. I planted my foot in sport mode and yelled 'faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr rrrk!' (forgetting that I had both kids in the back)

Because it is front wheel drive and I was coming out of a corner I noticed some wheel slippage on the leading wheel. After my eyes returned their vision and I regained consciousness I threw it through a few corners (mindful that my kids were in the back, laughing like hyenas) and gave it a bit of a run on a straight.

Typically it is a beautiful VW with everything just right. I felt immediately comfortable and competent behind the wheel.

Anyway, I'm still in love with my Tig - just had a litlle bit of a flirt...
    MY10 Tiguan 125TSI | Pearl Black | Manual | Comfort Pack | Kamei Eyelids | MDI | Not Leather | Rubber Floor Mats | Kids | Random Spillage | VWWatercooled Sticker | APR stage I | H & R springs | ECB nudge bar

Users Country Flag
    Glad you enjoyed it, they are certainly very chuckable.
    Stage 1 on these things would be a handful.

I have noticed the extra height in the Tig when i go to Lakeside compared to the golfs.
    Weight does a lot for acceleration too which is why lotus do what they do so well even with a small engine output.

Users Country Flag
    Bungers

Would be interested to know any further observations you have with subsequent drives. Enjoyed your post.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Congratulations Jeremy on your new pride and joy.
    I love that blue,absolutely smart as.Hope the new one gives you many happy hours of driving.
    Phil
    Candyweiss 2010 TDI Dsg 7 speed box.Headlight covers,weather shields,mudflaps front and rear,towbar, led parkers,Nudge bar with Liteforce spots, Rhino sports roof bars.Rear side curtains and so it goes on.Now with R mfsw with paddles.That's it folks.
    Beautiful Honda VTR1000 Firestorm,black as.

Users Country Flag
    Jeremy, I HATE YOU! No, really I do! Best be bringing that bad boy with you when we meet up for eyelid action........ooh er that sounds a bit off.
    2008 VRS Wagon. Yellow, very yellow!
    Forever blowing bubbles.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    LOL, I think I posted this a bit wrong originally... this is my dad's new toy, not mine. Unfortunately.

Although I am happy to drive it around town anytime. Which will be tomorrow when I shout him lunch or some other thinly veiled excuse for me to take it for another spin.
    MY10 Tiguan 125TSI | Pearl Black | Manual | Comfort Pack | Kamei Eyelids | MDI | Not Leather | Rubber Floor Mats | Kids | Random Spillage | VWWatercooled Sticker | APR stage I | H & R springs | ECB nudge bar

When you say 'Dad', are you speaking of yourself as the third person or whatever it is, or is it your actual patriarch figure from whom you errr... sprouted?
    Looks great! Haven't spotted one in reality world as yet...
    Yes, more write-ups! Must pop over to the Scirocco section & see what's happening!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Ahhh, that clears it up!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Okay then, I don't hate you quite as much
    2008 VRS Wagon. Yellow, very yellow!
    Forever blowing bubbles.

Users Country Flag
    Congratulation to your dad, Bungers.
    I left permanent redirect on this thread, so it is in Scirocco section as well.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks! It truly is a great car

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast