Support VWWC

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The official I have ordered/received my new Scirocco thread

My Rocco R has been DELAYED........

Sorry, but i just want to b*Tch about it so make myself feel better.
    Put down deposit on a Black R with Sat Navat @ Barloworld Five Dock. The Saleman told me (not to mention names) that the car will be here May or early June the latest. As i specifically asked him to tell me the truth about the ETA, if its going to be later i want know now, so i can plan around it or get something esle. But no, June the latest. So done.

Start of last month, he advised that everything was on schedule. So started sorting out for some parts, but after calling me today he advised the car wont be here till end of Augest I feel so flattened, was seriously thinking cancel the order, and just purchase one off the showroom from another dealer as i saw a few on carsales which match my requirements.

My question is, can the dealer do that? tell u a false ETA, make u committ to a purchase and worry about it after. The deposit is refundable providing the car is over 4 weeks late if u decide to cancel. So i guess they ETA of end of AUG is way more then four weeks, so i shouldnt have any problems of getting a refund now if i decided to cancel the order?

Just really pi$$ed off about all this.

Users Country Flag
    When you signed the contract was there a specific date of delivery specified?
    Also, did you get the "advice" from the dealership about a May/June delivery in writing?

If not then you basically can't do anything but wait or break the contract and lose your deposit.

Just out of curiosity, when did you order the car?

Feb 2012,

On the contract, it states that refund of deposit is only allowed when the car is delay by 4 weeks or more, So i guess since they give me an ETA that is greater then 4 weeks of the inital agreed date, i should be able to cancel my order now and still get a refund. Will speak to Barloword again.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by robbierednapped View Post
    Feb 2012,

On the contract, it states that refund of deposit is only allowed when the car is delay by 4 weeks or more, So i guess since they give me an ETA that is greater then 4 weeks of the inital agreed date, i should be able to cancel my order now and still get a refund. Will speak to Barloword again.
    Unless there is a specific date of delivery on the contract or in writing somewhere (not just word of mouth which is not able to be proven) then you are unlikely to be able to break the contract based on a late delivery.

I believe this happend to one or two Golf R owners who were told earlier delivery dates that got delayed by a couple of months.

Thats a bummer to hear your car is delayed.

Just to rub some salt into your open wound. Im enjoying every minute of my Scirocco R..

lol
    Scirocco R - Candy White, Sat Nav,tinted windows, H&R Springs, 19x9 ETA BETA Tettsut X Black rims.

Audi S3 Sedan - Riviera Blue Exclusive paint, PP2, H&R Super Sport springs

Quote Originally Posted by Bain View Post
    Thats a bummer to hear your car is delayed.

Just to rub some salt into your open wound. Im enjoying every minute of my Scirocco R..

lol

Users Country Flag
    Similar thing happened to me...

Ordered Jan 13 with a late june arrival into Melbourne so assume a mid July delivery. That was OK and i did the deal.

About three weeks ago got told the car was delayed until late August - so a mid September delivery. Not that happy with this prospect.

The reality as i understand it is there is only so production capacity and VWA get to queue for that with the rest of the world. Added is the fact that the R is a batched product. R's are not built everyday or even every week.

My dealer basically said that they missed a batch. They could be VWA , that dealer or my particular car. Anyway missed batch = 2 month delay.

What to do?

I asked the dealer to see what else they could find either in production, on the water or here. Was prepared to consider colour but not spec change. Initially the dealer came back with an offer on a CW. Said no, probably would have said yes to a RB if available.

Pushed back on the dealer try harder, try again. Two days later success. My exact car happened to be on the water heading to Brisbane for arrival late this month. A dealer swap was agreed my car (currently in the Atlantic heading for Savannah, Georgia) stays on Board now until it gets to Melbourne and the other car, unsold at this stage by my dealer comes off in Brisbane.

I might just have been lucky with this as I should see my car by mid May. This wouldn't of happened if the sales guy didn't put in the effort for me when asked.

Ask your dealership to work a bit harder for you it might just pay off.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    I guess i have been lucky and had the reverse of what you are going through. When we put down our deposit they gave us a rough schedule of July/August/Sept. We have since had 2 updates and one was it would be July and i think it was something like the 13th.

We just got a message from the dealer about 3 days ago saying that it is now the 25th June.
    CW DSG / Panoramic roof / arrived July

Users Country Flag
    There is a black one available in Queensland from Kedron VW, not sure on the spec but couldn't hurt to give them a call or get your dealer to call them.

Cheers Al
    My Garage

People are mushy - Paul Hawkins on the merits of where to crash on the Targa Florio

I will try your method.... thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac135 View Post
    Similar thing happened to me...

Ordered Jan 13 with a late june arrival into Melbourne so assume a mid July delivery. That was OK and i did the deal.

About three weeks ago got told the car was delayed until late August - so a mid September delivery. Not that happy with this prospect.

The reality as i understand it is there is only so production capacity and VWA get to queue for that with the rest of the world. Added is the fact that the R is a batched product. R's are not built everyday or even every week.

My dealer basically said that they missed a batch. They could be VWA , that dealer or my particular car. Anyway missed batch = 2 month delay.

What to do?

I asked the dealer to see what else they could find either in production, on the water or here. Was prepared to consider colour but not spec change. Initially the dealer came back with an offer on a CW. Said no, probably would have said yes to a RB if available.

Pushed back on the dealer try harder, try again. Two days later success. My exact car happened to be on the water heading to Brisbane for arrival late this month. A dealer swap was agreed my car (currently in the Atlantic heading for Savannah, Georgia) stays on Board now until it gets to Melbourne and the other car, unsold at this stage by my dealer comes off in Brisbane.

I might just have been lucky with this as I should see my car by mid May. This wouldn't of happened if the sales guy didn't put in the effort for me when asked.

Ask your dealership to work a bit harder for you it might just pay off.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast