Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blowing warm air through vents even when climatronic is turned off

Blowing warm air through vents even when climatronic is turned off

Hi All,

My Scirocco seems to blow out warm air through all dash vents when the climatronic is turned OFF. Also can feel warm air in the foot wells, like when wearing shorts I can feel warm air on my legs.

My misses' MKV GTI doesn't do this at all, so I find it strange that it's doing it in my car.

Aircon and heater seem to be working tops, but it's annoying when I don't want any air coming through when the windows are open, but warm air blows out the vents when climatronic is OFF. Especially on a warm sunny day!

Anyone else experienced this before and know how to remedy it?

Cheers,

Andy
    MY14 Scirocco R, Candy White, DSG, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    I can't say if I've noticed this on the Rocco (I've pretty much always got AC running), but previous cars used to let air through the vents while the car was in motion. The only solution in that case was to close the vents (I guess doesn't help your floor vents).

Isn't it meant to be a good thing, so that you don't end up with stale air in the car? Our other car actually turns off the recirc air after a while to stop this happening.

^ Hmmm interesting...

I've tried little tests to see if it make any differences.

When I turn the dial to LO, then press OFF for the climatronic, I still get warm air through the vents.

Also the same when I turn the dial to LO, and then one more click left on the dial to turn off the climatronic, warm air still comes through.

I've also turned it up to like 25 degrees, and then press OFF, and again the same flow of warm air comes through.

I would have thought that by turning it to LO and then OFF, if air was to come through the vents still that it would be cool not warm?

It's only a breezey warm air, but can be felt. It's not like massive amounts pushing through.

I find it strange that it doesn't do this in the GTI, but in the Scirocco.

I know in my Nissan 180sx I'd get warm air breezing through the foot wells, but I ruled that down to the heat from the engine bay, and given that it's an old car. This can't be the case for the Scirocco, surely?

Cheers,

Andy
    MY14 Scirocco R, Candy White, DSG, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    I think it warms up for exactly the same reason. If the climatronic is off, then it wont do anything, regardless of the setting it was left at. as a result any air coming through would probably be ambient temp plus a few degrees, seeing as though the air intake is at the back of the bonnet.

Users Country Flag
    Put it on recirc, and see what difference it makes, Andy.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

^ Yeah I tried the recirc and nothing comes out of the vents. Then turn off the recirc and the warm air is back. I've started to close the vents now.

But, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that, as in possibly a valve is faulty which isn't closing fully when climate is off? Not sure if there is a valve or something?

Just want to find out if mine is actually a fault or is indeed meant to be like that before taking it up with VW and looking like a goose.

No others that own a Scirocco can offer their input?

Cheers,

Andy

Hey mate yep you are not crazy I can confirm I have the same problem and it's killing me, I have taken it to vw Sutherland and they can't seem to find the problem
    I'm not sure what to do now ? :/

^ Thanks for the input mate!

Hmmm, guess it's just the way it is. I'll query it with VW and see what they have to say about it.

Cheers,

Andy

Users Country Flag
    When you turn on the recirculation it closes the vents to ambient air. When recirculation is turned off it opens the vents to ambient air. There is no imbetween, all you can do is condition the air coming in. If you turn everything off it just allows ambient to flow into the car. My golf does the same thing but it is only just noticable. Maybe try setting it to the windscreen only to see if it stops it going to the footwell. I find this helps.
    Also try turning it to recirc and then turning it off. I havent tried it myself but it might help.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    MY11 CW Golf RIntake, Tune, DP, DV+Superpro arms and ALKCustom 4" tipsTWM Short Shifter

Users Country Flag

I have the same problem with my 03 Vw Bora v6 warm air come out of the vents when the system is turned off could it be the thermostat ? ? Or something else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast