Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Scirocco R

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchyratface View Post
    I've just had stage 1 tune done at Harding Performance (Coorparoo), very nice bunch. Have a chat with Jon about your options.
    Cheers! Will give them a call

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

In Brisbane you can also talk to Keeley Motorsport who are the agents for RD Technik.

Just be aware that some brands charge extra at every stage / updated file.

If you're planning on going stage 2 then talk to your tuner about the best way to do it as it may be better to wait until you have all the hardware and go straight to stage 2 instead of going stage 1 -> stage 2 as you can pay twice for tuning with some brands....

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

RD aren't easy to get hold of. Have emailed them a couple of times but no reply. They have agents in Brisbane ... Wolf Performance but no info on the site about ecu upgrades.

I did managed to get hold of Harding Performance. The Racingline OEM+ software the offer sounds alright. They don't charge extra to go from stage 1 to stage 2.

What are your thoughts on that product?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

2012 Scirocco R

RD Technik is available through Keeley Motorsport. Either talk to the workshop direct or contact RD Technik through Facebook is what I find best.

I think OEM+ is a reasonable option, however I haven’t seen any back to back dyno results. Not sure how customisable their tunes are either for fuel type, throttle response, over-run crackle, DSG shift speed/farts, etc.

It really depends what you’re looking to achieve as an end result and whether a tuner that only has off the shelf tune suits you. I’m not sure how much OEM+ is customisable or you just get the standard stage 1 file same as everyone (APR is like this).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 19-09-2018 at 06:51 AM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I've got RacingLine stage 1 on my TT, had it done a few weeks ago. It was a standard file but it is constantly revised, I've found a lot more pull but also some increased noise (pops & bangs) from the exhaust on upshifts. Pleased with the result, I've gone from 169kw to 210-220kw from just stage 1. I'm basing that on another TT that had a dyno done after RacingLine stage 1. Stage 2 is 'free', just the additional hardware purchasing is required.
    They are working on a Scirocco at Harding at the moment, full race gear installed, worth a look.
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    Google Guy Harding and Harding Performance, and specifically look at Motor Magazine's hot tuner shootouts over the years. He has forgotten more about tuning VAG cars than what the rest of the industry combined knows .... he has dominated the tuner shootouts in various VAG cars.

OEM+ has a milder mid range than an APR tune (for better driveability) with a top end that is equal to any other tune out there, especially on the Scirocco R.

You have to remember that an ECU has many maps with many many tables and a good tune takes a long time to develop as many many points need to be tweaked (a couple of hundred at least) to ensure engine reliability, driveability and obviously, power. Any "custom" tuner that makes 10 or 20 changes on a few dyno runs cannot even begin to compare.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 19-09-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Evening all,

Excuse the stupid question but this is all very new to me. What's the purpose of a down pipe and why upgrade?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12