Thread: VW Mechanic in Melbourne West (Altona Meadows, Point Cook, Hoppers Crossing)

Users Country Flag

VW Mechanic in Melbourne West (Altona Meadows, Point Cook, Hoppers Crossing)

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

I am looking for a VW mechanic in the Melbourne West area for my 94 VR6, I think I need the timining chains replaced and possibly some other work. It runs but there is a loud grinding sound that also needs to be diagnosed. Has anyone used a VW mechanic in Melbournes west that they are happy with? i know VolksPower and German Autotech are in the East but I'd realy like to find someone clost to home first?

Thanks guys
    1994 MK3 VR6 (Remus box) Daily
    1996 MK3 GL (Remus catback and CAI) R.I.P

Dont know anyone over that way but Volkwerke are the VR6 boys!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    Dont know anyone over that way but Volkwerke are the VR6 boys!
    +1
    They really know their stuff.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks allot guys, greatly appreciated. I will go to where the VR6's are welcomed!

Users Country Flag
    Just wondering if anyone can share their experience of going to Volkwerke? It's only a couple of streets away from where I'm working on my VR6.

Users Country Flag
    I recently had my oil pressure switch replaced and while they were doing the servicing my crack pipe crumbled and everything with it (plastic was already brittle). They called me up straight away before they went ahead with anything.
    They have always called me if anything from initial has changed rather than give a surprise later.

So oil pressure switch replaced, crack pipe, thermostat and housing.
    Showed me the affected part that was replaced and it was pretty bad.

Excellent considering I called up 10pm on a Sunday (I have connections) and had the car ready Monday afternoon to go on a week long trip. They ultimately saved me from a very tragic incident if that had happened during my trip.

I always inspect the work that's done out of habit just to be sure as I have already been burned once at another place. So far so good.

Dean usually works on my car and he is very down to Earth. They are pretty busy, so I recommend to always call early in the morning.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi all,

Just a follow up to this post, I called Volkwerke and spoke to Dean (Legend of a guy) he was up front and honest and told me that while im there I should think about the clutch, headgaskets, coolant pipes and senors and said that I would need to budget for 3k - 3.5k. For all the work that will be done im really happy with that.

Thanks again Waterboy and Stefcio007, greatly appreciated.