Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VR6's with leather interiors

BigTool4U Guest

VR6's with leather interiors

just wondered how common this is....was it an option or std on certain years.....i though they all had leather but now im seeing a lot with cloth....must say i prefer the leather big time..

Users Country Flag
    it was an option.
    Interestingly it seems the leather we got was a little bit different to other regions in the world. Most of the locally delivered cars other than the colour concept ones seem to have leather seats with perforated inserts. Also our cars dont seem to have the leather inserts on the doortrims either?
    I wonder if VW had stock seats retrimmed locally instead of ordering leather from the factory? Only cars i have seen with the heated seats have been the colour concepts as well which got the recaros.

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

I love my seats

Wish the heaters worked in em tho.
    1996 Golf VR6 Colour Concept Green

syncro Guest
    The optioned leather was done at Milperra, Sydney.
    Colour Concepts were factory leather.

Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    The optioned leather was done at Milperra, Sydney.
    Colour Concepts were factory leather.
    Do you know exactly who would have done them? My front seats have seen better days...
    2008 Tiguan
    2018 Golf AllTrack

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    it was an option.
    Interestingly it seems the leather we got was a little bit different to other regions in the world. Most of the locally delivered cars other than the colour concept ones seem to have leather seats with perforated inserts. Also our cars dont seem to have the leather inserts on the doortrims either?
    I wonder if VW had stock seats retrimmed locally instead of ordering leather from the factory? Only cars i have seen with the heated seats have been the colour concepts as well which got the recaros.
    My leather is not perferated. I also dont have leather inserts on the doors, but i have to say, from the ones i have seen with the leather inserts, the non leather armrests look better.

syncro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sikdub View Post
    Do you know exactly who would have done them? My front seats have seen better days...
    Was in the grounds of Bankstown Airport is all that I know.

Mine isn't perforated either. I must say i reckon it looks much better (non perforated). The previous owner of my car got only the side bolsters re-upolstered and both front seats want a re-trim i reckon. Thanks for the reply too syncro.
    2008 Tiguan
    2018 Golf AllTrack

Users Country Flag
    seems we get a mish-mash of whatever they can slap together hehe

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

gpk_gti Guest

from what I understood,leather was never a factory option.it was fitted by dealers with part of the cost coming from VWofA.colour concept vr6 were factory leather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast