Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VR6 Heater Removal

VR6 Heater Removal

Ok, I've managed to remove the dash accessories and remove the dash top. I'm now stuck on how to get the heater assy out of the mk3 so that i can replace the heater core. What do I undo?

Steven
    2008 Tiguan
    2018 Golf AllTrack

I dont know. But word around here is that its a cow of a job.

Ps: how'd u get the dash top off?
    1996 Golf VR6 Colour Concept Green

Hmm....

The way I got the dash top off was by going around and removing all of the screws and bolts that I saw were holding it on from the inside. I removed the console, the vents, the stereo and all of the switches etc etc. I then had to remove the wipers and the covers that cover this area under the bonnet. In there there were a couple of nuts I removed and voila the dash came off. Hope this helps. Still have a bit of a way to go with getting the heater core out. Pain in the ass without a manual.

Steven
    2008 Tiguan
    2018 Golf AllTrack

I think im going to bite the bullet and rip my dash and fix my heater. if i can get a camera, i'll take pics and document it all.

Yeah pix would be awesome. Need to rip off the top of my dash and pull out the old crossovers from my stereo. Then I can give them to my sis! (arent I sweet?)

Quote Originally Posted by sikdub View Post
    Pain in the ass without a manual.

Steven
    did the PM that iwe sent u help at all ??

im a pom from the UK, but am living in Oz for a while...
    i gotta do mine too! ...its getting cold!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyT View Post
    Yeah pix would be awesome. Need to rip off the top of my dash and pull out the old crossovers from my stereo. Then I can give them to my sis! (arent I sweet?)
    remove your glove box, i'p put money on it that the old crossovers were not fitted with the dash removed, so you can remove them with the dash in place.

Tried on your suggestion in another thread. No crossovers there or in the underside of the drivers steering wheel area etc.

Chased a speaker cable from the tweeter to as far as I could see though and lo and behold. A crossover sitting deep within the dash.
    I've got thin arms tho, so might try tomorrow at being a contortionist

Deemo, thanks for the PM. I have finally got the heater core out now. What a fvcker, coolant everywhere! Would anyone have a set of vent controls for sale? Mine hasn't had illumination for ages and now is a good time to replace it.

Steven
    2008 Tiguan
    2018 Golf AllTrack

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast