Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VR6 Fuel Economy

Users Country Flag

VR6 Fuel Economy

What do my fellow VR6 past and present owners get out of a full tank? I find I get about 300ks but then when I fill up the tank only fits 44 litres... Even when im in the last bar of red! They're supposed to be 55 litre tanks, aren't they?
    Current: 2007 Black Magic GTI - APR Stage 2, Carbonio intake, APR downpipe and catback exhaust, RNS510, Bi-Xenons, Custom Red Leather Interior, Tow Bar, Racks and Parking Sensors
    Previous: Absolute Red 2000 S3 8L - Stage 1 Custom Code
    Previous: 1997 Black Magic VR6 - CX Racings, BFI Stealthlines, Chipped ECU, Genie Extractors, Thule 404s, Fairing, Suitcase delete with hotdog.

VR6 Fuel Economy

55 with 10litres in the neck?

Most I've got was 700km driving on the highway.

Usually around town I get 400 a tank

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeh I tried topping it right up and you only squeeze in about an extra litre after the bowser cuts out the first time... Is that in town with a bit of spirited driving? Or in town and driving like a grandma? My MFA gets about 13 L/100km if im just doing trips to uni and back.
    Current: 2007 Black Magic GTI - APR Stage 2, Carbonio intake, APR downpipe and catback exhaust, RNS510, Bi-Xenons, Custom Red Leather Interior, Tow Bar, Racks and Parking Sensors
    Previous: 1997 Black Magic VR6 - CX Racings, BFI Stealthlines, Chipped ECU, Genie Extractors, Thule 404s, Fairing, Suitcase delete with hotdog.

VR6 Fuel Economy

I always drive like a grandma. Don't ever really get into it.

My mfa has read a low of 7.3L/100km

Users Country Flag

Re: VR6 Fuel Economy

Best I got was 5.8 coasting on the freeway. And no I didn't take the photo before you ask ha

thats awesome! How long had it been since you last reset the mfa? I averaged about 7.8 from the goldcoast to briso I think. I do feel like im chewing through it a little too fast in town though. Anyone got advice for something that might be making it thirsty?

Users Country Flag

Re: VR6 Fuel Economy

That was the MFA just for that trip, so about 90km of driving I think. 7.8 sounds normal to me on the freeway, I average about 8-9 on the freeway and 10-12 around town.

The car is a 6 cylinder bear in mind also, it will never be fuel efficient compared to a 4 cylinder N/A, and depending, some 4 cylinder turbo cars.

My advice is just have fun with the power you have, for me the grins I get far outweigh paying a bit more at the pump

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Haha of course mate. I love giving it a squirt off the lights and don't hesitate. But I wouldn't say I'm flooring it every chance I get so thought I might get a bit better economy than 300km... Dads mk5 2.0L FSI does about 500km in town and thats when I'm driving and I get bored in it so am always revving it out haha. So I thought around 400km for the vr6 with the odd burst would be more reasonable than 300.

Users Country Flag
    I get 400-420 to a tank, put my foot down a fair bit. But sometimes I'm on the freeways for work and stuff early in the morning with no traffic which will give me a few more kms. If you're driving around suburban streets in traffic, 300 is probably normal. Also, it's probably only 44 litres per fill up because the needle can go a little bit under the gauge before it runs out. 44ish sounds normal. If you want to test it, run your car out of fuel

VR6 Fuel Economy

Quote Originally Posted by patmould93 View Post
    I get 400-420 to a tank, put my foot down a fair bit. But sometimes I'm on the freeways for work and stuff early in the morning with no traffic which will give me a few more kms. If you're driving around suburban streets in traffic, 300 is probably normal. Also, it's probably only 44 litres per fill up because the needle can go a little bit under the gauge before it runs out. 44ish sounds normal. If you want to test it, run your car out of fuel
    Or just look at owners manual

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast