Support VWWC

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's new VR6!

Users Country Flag

Pat's new VR6!

Well I ended up buying that VR6 Colour Concept from Sydney last weekend and I spent Sunday afternoon with a mate touching up everything (took off roof racks and tow bar, gave it a good wash, polished the leather and the dash, blackened the trims on the bumpers which were very faded beforehand).

I drove it back down to Melbourne from Sydney with Mum last Saturday after we flew up, as I'm still 17 until June and therefore still on my L's (very lucky to have a Mum that could be bothered doing that for me!)

We got the price down to $5800 and had a road trip in which the car was great, so it's been a very exciting time for me! It was a joy to drive. It has now done 152,000kms

Anyway I haven't got around to taking some photos until now, and I was in a very artistic mood so here it is:

It's going in to Volkspower for a major service tomorrow and a RWC, so hopefully I don't get rolled too much by that. It did have a NSW RWC but that means nothing down here...

Don't have many plans for it yet because I'll be pretty poor after this service depending if anything is wrong with it, but the first thing to go will be the stock sound system, which is just awful.

I LOVE IT! so excited

Well done mate,

That is a very nice first car.

Look after her...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Cheers,

Yeah will do. This isn't a car to be neglected

looks really nice stealing vr6's from NSW is the way to go. haha

I found the stock speakers in my car actually sound really nice for what they are, well with a decent head unit, amped up and sub to take car of the bass atleast haha. I finally blew one of the stock tweeters feeding it 10x the power it would have orignally gotten from the head unit back in 1994, so i put in some $120 pioneer speakers, and they didnt sound nearly as nice as my old VW ones, haha. I think mine may have had some optional audio upgrade or something though, not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sortofbigbj View Post
    looks really nice stealing vr6's from NSW is the way to go. haha

I found the stock speakers in my car actually sound really nice for what they are, well with a decent head unit, amped up and sub to take car of the bass atleast haha. I finally blew one of the stock tweeters feeding it 10x the power it would have orignally gotten from the head unit back in 1994, so i put in some $120 pioneer speakers, and they didnt sound nearly as nice as my old VW ones, haha. I think mine may have had some optional audio upgrade or something though, not really sure.
    I know! NSW has them all

I can't even explain how bad the speakers are, they buzz on almost minimal volume and there is no bass whatsoever, and the head unit is awful! I don't really mind because I was planning on doing the whole lot (sub, amp, speakers, head unit) anyway because I'm a big fan of music. I was looking at the sound system installation on your thread and I was just thinking... how the hell am I going to do this... It might be worth paying for it and getting it installed at JB because I don't wanna screw it up. Where's a good place to buy all the sound stuff? I've only really looked at JB, and also how did you learn to install it all?

Installing it all isnt really that hard i enjoy getting in there and doing it all, saving a few hundred and knowing its all been done properly. I did a LOT of research on the internet and stuff before i tackled my sound system, by the time i got the money for bits I could have almost put them in with my eyes shut, even though it was my first audio install. The forums on Home are very usefull.

I got my stuff from Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers in the US as it worked out to save me hundreds, even though shipping is a little pricey. Although I got my wires and stuff from RYDA.com.au - Great Prices on Car Audio, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras and GPS Navigation

I'd be happy to give you some tips on what to get and how to put them in and all if you want. Ive done a few set ups now in friends cars and stuff, and theyve all been happy Send me a message with what you want to spend and what you're after and I'll give you some recomendations

Installing really is quite easy. Speakers are as easy as unplugging old ones and plugging new ones in and connecting a couple wires, running wires requires you to remove a lot of the trim inside, and it seems daunting, but once you get in there its not too hard really, just time consuming.

Awesome, thanks. I don't know how much I'll be spending yet, I'll probably be waiting until my birthday and it depends how much I have to fork out for this service, but I'll let you know when I'm ready to have a look at some stuff.
    '95 Golf VR6 Colour Concept

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the purchase!

Users Country Flag
    Nice first car !
    Like sortofbigbj was saying the front speakers are amazing the tweeters are just perfect, sound bounces right off the glass, I would keep the front speakers.

On my last Vr6 I just had the headunit running to them with no amp & they were unreal.
    Exactly what I will be doing with my latest vr6.

Have fun with it !
    - VITS 2016 24th April -
    Albury nsw Search vits on FB
    @vitsvw @vdubin_

Just got a call from Volkspower - "my very unroadworthy VR6 is ready to be picked up"... uh oh...
    '95 Golf VR6 Colour Concept

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast