Support VWWC

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MK3: ADZ to AMK to BWS(R36!)

Couldn’t resist an ITB test fit whilst I had the intake manifold off to do a carbon clean.

Been fairly quiet, remade brake lines again - this time in stainless steel line. Bled the two systems and all good!

Struggling to get the rear side glass out without smashing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much space the rad and panel? looks to be a fair way back from the end of the chassis rails

assume remove the rear windows involves trying to hack the sealant from the inside of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    How much space the rad and panel? looks to be a fair way back from the end of the chassis rails

assume remove the rear windows involves trying to hack the sealant from the inside of the car?
    Plenty of room, it would work with stock radiator. The closest point is the cylinder one trumpet to headlight, there’s only about 20mm there - not sure how I’ll make an air duct/airbox for it in the future though!

Yeah I’ve hacked it out, just needed to be more aggressive with the pry bar to get a wire through the fully cut it - which I was able to do yesterday with a bit of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    Plenty of room, it would work with stock radiator. The closest point is the cylinder one trumpet to headlight, there’s only about 20mm there - not sure how I’ll make an air duct/airbox for it in the future though!

Yeah I’ve hacked it out, just needed to be more aggressive with the pry bar to get a wire through the fully cut it - which I was able to do yesterday with a bit of patience.

headlight delete will sort that.

yeah right. guess there was no plan on them ever being removed, bit of structural glass

Tinted lexan windows are my new favourite thing. Can’t even tell they aren’t glass (other than the rivets) for example the last few external photos of the car have been with the lexan windows in too.

MK3: ADZ to AMK to BWS(R36!)

Had a go at a carbon clean recently. Due to the design of the head, it’s practically impossible to do a decent job without using a media and compressed air.

Huge thank you to Elder/K1llz for the port adapters - would not have been able to do it without him!

Before

And

After

Last edited by HaydEn; 11-10-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Users Country Flag
    geez that's a lot of build up. BWS must haven't been used for short daily trips.

I did this job recently the hard way (toothbrush, solvent etc..) still didn't come up anywhere near this good, great result.

Any details on the media and port adapters used?
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Used a variety of tools.

Cheap sandblaster unit and compressor from Sydney Tools.

The blower attachment supplied with the sandblasting kit is not suitable, so got a long reach blower off eBay.

Borrowed a wet/dry vacuum.

Driveway life

Used a 18/40 walnut media went through around 2.3kg (one bottle) I was pretty wasteful and didn’t have the best catchment set up.

Port adapters off K1llz

Couple of little things, nothing to major - still waiting for a fabrication date.

Big time legend Shane Haluch has been doing/making cool 3.6 stuff for a while now. Started making lightweight crank pullies (first and only off the shelf option at this time) saves around 3KG in weight.. will be pretty peppy now I imagine

And I finally got the slicks mounted up.

Got all the fabrication stuff done over the last little while.

Dropped some of it off to be powder coated. The rest in aluminium will just stay as is.

Sneak peek of the front end with the new fuel cell.

The shifter and handbrake plate was welded into the car for ease/strength. This has just been rust proofed for now.

Eventually when the car gets fully stripped this will all be painted properly.

In the meantime. I’ve gone through every nut and bolt to check and mark tight, borrowed the wot box from the R32 so can at least have some sort of launch rpm assist on the slicks and some other general bits and pieces.

Last edited by HaydEn; 01-05-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast