Support VWWC

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MK3: ADZ to AMK to BWS(R36!)

MK3: ADZ to AMK to BWS(R36!)

Been pretty unmotivated the last few months, cold and dark, rather be doing other things on weekends, until recently!

Had a pretty big push the last two weekends getting stuff done. Not a heap to show for it, but most of the time was spent learning how to weld.

So things I have changed/got done.

1) headlight and bonnet brackets - purpose behind this was that I wanted to get rid of the factory radiator/hood latch support that was cut so much that all that was left was the top piece. It was flimsy and the hood latch was becoming sticky.
    I needed something that would hopefully clear the ITB’s in the future. So with that in mind, I’ve ended up with these.

Fairly symmetrical for what they are. My welding ability grew immensely from the first one to the second one.

2) bumper support - I was using the factory support, once again with some significant cutting. The main purpose of this was to waste time and some more welding practice. In the future this will provide more clearance for the thick radiator I have purchased.

Started with welding together the bases/standoff’s. The bent some 6mm rod to shape, stuck some brackets on.

I then welded on some plates to mount the grill to, fitted in place with quick release buttons.

3. Some cheap aero mods! - in the way of the some aluminium sheet folded to suit the Mk3. I have got some thick side skirts, with air deflectors from the front wheels, and a spoiler. I’m not stoked on the spoiler, and it is different to how I initially intended for it to be. But nevertheless it is done!

4) Fixed upper door latches - I just put these in the vice and bent them some more, also added some grip tape for extra friction.

5) New wheels! - ditched the VMS racing wheels in favour of the Belak Industries Series 2. A little bit lighter and a whole lot cooler. Drilled them for tyre screws whilst getting tyres changed over for good measure. Fail, they don’t clear the brakes, despite being Honda brakes and Honda spec wheels. So will have to wait to get spacers before pushing it out into full view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK3: ADZ to AMK to BWS(R36!)

Nothing to exciting happening progress wise.

But changed the oil, nut and bolt checked the car and pushed it out for a bit of a wash. First time the oil has been changed in 3 years. First wash in maybe 4?

Doing a test day in a couple of weeks, then Sydney Jamboree in March.

Last edited by HaydEn; 29-01-2024 at 05:24 PM.

Actual use of the car update!

Got along to Heathcote yesterday for some testing/practice in preparation for the upcoming Jamboree.

Aim of the day to was to do 5x passes, all with sub .100 RT’s and be consistent ET wise.

Failed in the consistent ET’s, but was pretty happy with the results from the tree and the 60ft.

Ended up going a bit quicker overall. Now down to an 11.319 @ 123.95mph

Gear changes at big RPM being the main issue at present and no quick/cheap way around that.

Big thanks to Woody for driving up from Melbourne to lend a hand working out some things and general swap over stuff!

VW VR6 All Motor 3.6 11.31 @123.95 - YouTube

Users Country Flag

10/10 for effort.

2/10 for looks.

Bit like some girls I've gone out with.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678