Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K's VR6

Users Country Flag

K's VR6

So i thought I'd make a thread seeing as there's been so much activity lately. Well actually I've been meaning to make one but at the end of the nite I'm tired an ready for bed.
    Well after 1 year of searching I finally came across one that looked mint.
    (I shoulda bought the white 1 instead)
    Well it had 115km with genuine log book to back up and has been owned by some lady doctor an then some elderly man, both of which took great care from what I've been told by the place that's been servicing it.
    I've had the car for half a year now with nothing going wrong (thanks to previous owner had a tonne of stuff replaced just before I got it) but as clean as it is, an hard as it goes there's a few thinks that are now just so frustrating
    When I first checked it out at the dealership it was perfect to say, all it needed was as wheel alignment and a new heatercore (this were I shoulda picked the white 1 currently for sale in melb)
    Anyways because I was going overseas I didn't wanna leave it sitting at the dealership for a month so we told them that we want it back at least a few days before we leave, they ended up rushing it at the last minute.
    Went to pick it up, 1st think I notice is the doors are locked except the front passenger door great they fcuked the central locking.
    Started driving, oh man what a feeling, but the steering was way off, it pulled really strongly to left, then a few streets later I notice that if I go over a few bumps the whole dash shakes, WTF !
    Then a couple days later I notice that it blows warm air through the vents an makes the car feel warm an stuffy, it was at this point that I was pretty pissed off cause with all these little issues it just felt like some crappy old car !!
    I so far have spent (wasted) some how $1.5k on trying to sort out this camber an castor issue

If your wondering the car was bought at VW Bathurst and work was carried out at Bathurst Toyota. (the VW dealer had only opened 3 days before I went there so they had no mechanics)

Anyways I'll hopefully have the central locking fixed in the up coming weeks + a engine bay clean up + suitcase delete
    So far I've :
    Put kw v1's
    Done engine an trany mounts
    Cleaned the seats (had mud stains)
    Started cleaning engine bay

Things to come :
    Joey modding up front
    Some porting
    Some polishing
    Some new bits an pieces here an there

After this I have some pretty nice things lined up
    Will mention this later on though

Anyways if u read through all that crap here's some pic's

Too tired will put more tomorrow.
    Last edited by KKK VR6; 10-08-2012 at 01:54 AM.
    Garage:
    VR6
    XR6
    R36

Users Country Flag
    Looks clean as dude! I flashed my lights at you yesterday at the intersection before you turn into uni, don't think you noticed me haha.

Looking good, keen to see what's in store.

Users Country Flag
    such a cool colour! look forward to watching it transform

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks fellas
    Hah yeh I was running late, so was concentrating on overtaking others, shoulda beeped though, woulda seen ya then.
    Quote Originally Posted by KI11Z View Post
    such a cool colour! look forward to watching it transform
    Yeh alot of people don't know that dragon green Is Green And Blue ! Probably cause nearly all of the green vr's out there have a fare amount of fading, I've only seen about 7 or 8 but none of them had any blue left.
    I'm just lucky mine has been kept in a garage for 12+ yrs.

Just trying out this Photobucket app
    Happy days. Took this just before I left after making a deposit.

Camber issue

Took this the Day after I got it.

Tried to get both green an blue here. Next one will show it though.

Garage:
    VR6
    XR6
    R36

That is a very tidy vr6! Amazing colour

Seeking people's knowledge/thoughts here as I haven't got much time for research these days. Uni + 8hr shifts = rapage !
    I've forgotten if a 2.9l intake mani & throttle body will work on the standard 2.8l motor ?
    I'm just after some short term power gains for now
    Garage:
    VR6
    XR6
    R36

Quote Originally Posted by KKK VR6 View Post
    Seeking people's knowledge/thoughts here as I haven't got much time for research these days. Uni + 8hr shifts = rapage !
    I've forgotten if a 2.9l intake mani & throttle body will work on the standard 2.8l motor ?
    I'm just after some short term power gains for now
    Yes. Think you may need to wire the TPS up, but that's three wires. Easiest thing to do ever.

Cheers man
    Did some cleaning an poking around with wires yesterday.
    Will make a "How To" post if i confirm that a 2.9l intake mani an throttle body are do-able without having consequences !!

Garage:
    VR6
    XR6
    R36

Users Country Flag

Kay where are the meshies ?

meshies or GTFO !
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast