Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh's Maroon vr6

Users Country Flag

Josh's Maroon vr6

After spending basically my whole life driving 4wds of some type and currently restoring a 1976 Landrover i needed something that would give me a little excitement on the daily commute to uni. I decided instead of being an awesome p plater drift king i would stray far away from anything Japanese or Australian and after always loving golfs found this vr6.

Apparently all optioned out for the 90's, a non leaking sun roof, 10 disc cd stacker, mudflaps and wind deflectors. Spent all its life garaged and even the head unit was stock, has a couple of odd bumper scratches and some stray dints from a hard life in Sydney though nothing unfix-able.

It has had all suspension bushings replaced, new clutch, all the cooling system replaced and even the heater core works. First thing i did was remove all the pensioner additions and put in an airbox that had been modded off Hayden, couldn't believe the difference in sound, i don't even care if i have lost power the intake sound from the vr is so worth it.

Next it needed some low, I got some FK coil-overs off Anthony and installed them today, now after driving 4wd's the feeling of taking out your sump on your drive way for the first time really is a new experience.

Needs another cm down on the back to get it level and an alignment sometime very soon. Next plans are some nice wheels and some sort of exhaust.
    Sorry about the essays and the phone photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Josh's Maroon vr6-p4pb11145560-jpg   Josh's Maroon vr6-p5pb11145563-jpg  

Love this colour, looks clean as. Any plans for wheels yet?

Need a pic of your Nomad too, welcome to the mk3 MTB brethren.
    SILVER '98 MKIII GOLF GL // BORBET TYPE A's
    YELLOW '76 B1 PASSAT LS WAGON
    WHITE '07 MKV JETTA 2.0 TFSI
    FLICKR

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    No actual plans for wheels at the mainly moment due to the nomad (built it about 2 weeks back), haven't really searched for something i like yet but definitely set on something silver or polished. Will have to wait until the bank balance evens out before i can consider anything though.

Users Country Flag
    I love this colour so much god damn
    I love cats.. idklol

Users Country Flag
    those fk coils do ride nice for what they are.... im amazed at how new they look im guessing Anthony didn't have them in the car for very long before he went with bags

your VR looks great in the pics man so clean and shiny

suitcase delete ftw
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Does that have spacers? The wheels look like they are sticking out more, or maybe just positive camber on the front if you haven't had an alignment

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah the paint really pops in the right light, it does need abit of a cut on the roof and around the door handles to remove some scratches though.

The coil-overs seriously look brand new, being 2cm from the bottom of the threads i really thought they were going to be stiff and bouncy as hell, they are definitely stiffer but are surprisingly comfortable.

Suitcase delete is on the cards, probably with a high flow Cat.

Users Country Flag
    Really nice man. That paint has really held up. Sunroof FTW.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

The recorder is an important tool for coilover installation nice to see you got them in looks heaps better. This is a very clean vr6 in person.

Love the Snake Racing sticker!

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast