Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hello i have a 96 red 5 speed golf cabriolet

Users Country Flag

Good ending! well sorted will keep an eye out for this on the roads

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyjim View Post
    well here is the cabrio, the paintwork is a real red , I think my phone camera makes it look a little washed out

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Hi ALL Need Some help please

I bought this car knowing it had a hot start problem. The mobile mechanic came to my house and we have replaced the ECU relay , the coil and the complete dizzy with hall sensor in it. Now the fault has at least changed to 'not start at all'

when I turn the key I can hear the fuel pump go for a couple of seconds however i cannot see any spark at the spark plugs

Any ideas anyone?
    thx paul

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

what about the crank sensor?
    I have not replaced that

can that prevent spark at the plugs?

hot start is the least of your worries, LOOK AT THE RIDE HEIGHT DAAAAAYYYUUUUUMMMMM!!!!

seriously though, nice pick up!

1995 MK3 VR6 - Green - Black bits - Wheels - Tyres - Engine - Etc........
    ಠ_ಠ

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    hey proj

ride height looks low , but i hope it is legal, but i dont have the safety cert yet, fingers crossed

whos the dude? is he some rapper who drives a golf?

paul

=========================

Quote Originally Posted by proj View Post
    hot start is the least of your worries, LOOK AT THE RIDE HEIGHT DAAAAAYYYUUUUUMMMMM!!!!

seriously though, nice pick up!

Users Country Flag
    it's obama, he drives a passat.

1995 MK3 VR6 - Green - Black bits - Wheels - Tyres - Engine - Etc........
    ಠ_ಠ

electric roof and passenger door windows

Hi all

the 96 red mk3 is up and driving around, its clutch is getting a real hiding from my learner driver daughter! she has only ever driven in a auto so this clutch is something new for her.

I have an intermittent front passenger electric window problem, sometimes it won't go up or down. Seems to me it could be a switch or the motor . any ideas on how i fault find?

also is anyone familiar with the cabrio electric hydraulic roof? Right now the dash switch will I can close it but not open it . lucky i can manually operate it by opening the hydraulic valve

thx paul

Users Country Flag
    if you need another switch to test I have a spare... i've bought two of everything involved with the hydraulic roof but mine is still non-functional

Thats real good of you. do u mean u have a spare roof switch as well as door switch?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyjim View Post
    Thats real good of you. do u mean u have a spare roof switch as well as door switch?
    Well I was referring to the roof switch but it wouldn't be a drama for me to take my window switch out and give it to you for a lil test...... Let me know when/if you want to meet

Users Country Flag
    MK3 Electric windows are ticking time bombs, they will break (I replaced 3/4 of the ones in my VR6 before I sold it). It's rarely the motor and usually the regulator which can be bought new for ~$250 or so from VW. Well worth the price to have trouble free window winding for the next 10 years.

I do have a real soft spot for the MK3 Cab... seriously considered one for myself but ended up going a slightly different way

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

if you have about $250 spare you can also order a VAG-COM interface to be able to read the ECU. I had a hall sender issue but mine was a simple adjusting of the timing. You can also read and clear errors as part of your service regimen. Got mine through German Auto Parts (US) and downloaded software on my netbook so I can plug it in and test, diagnose and adjust away!

Ross-Tech: Home
    1991 Golf GTI Manual - Tornado Red (Little Red Wagen)
    1998 Golf Cabriolet Manual - Black Magic Pearl (aka Rommel's Panzer) Deceased/written off
    1993 Golf Cabriolet Manual - Alpine White (aka Hitler Youth Wagen) Deceased/written off
    1976 Golf LS Manual - Bronco Brown (aka Roadrunner) Deceased/worn out

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast