Support VWWC

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: gettin' ma tan onn....

Users Country Flag

gettin' ma tan onn....

So Ben (Ben J) came over today with three buckets of detailing products to throw at the cabrio today and since he spent nearly all day, I thought it was worth a post up to give him a shout out!

I'll also use this thread to post up the little things I do to the cabrio instead of dumping in the pic whoring thread...

So I knew it was bad....but not THAT bad under these lights it really showed..... just a few pics...

and Ben on his knees like the good boy he is I think those lights were keeping him warm too, haha

Thanks again dude, and cheers for letting me have a whirl with the equipment too!

Users Country Flag
    Garage looking like a studio. Great work Ben, get some shots in the sun 'L' 'X'.

Even though the car looks like a stanced picnic basket... it very much pulls it off.

Also... I know of a Vento that could use this sort of love, it's a friend, of a friend's.
    Last edited by Mk3 AAA; 12-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Good work Benny.

What products did you use out of interest?

It's scary how bad a car looks under the halogens.

It's also scary how hot the halogens get, I'm usually drenched with sweat after working in front of them for hours.

Most importantly, did he show you how to keep it looking good.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

My cars in desperate need of this kind of attention. Would also be interested in products used so I can get to it.

Glad I could help.

If anyone in the brisbane area wants thier car done I'm happy to give it a go for a little money, am by no means a professional and my results probably do show that Still, hit me up if interested

On this we clayed it with some dodo clay, and polished it with Menzerna Fast Gloss FG500 on a cutting pad, followed by Menzerna Power Finish PF2500 on a medium polishing pad, and finished off with the highest gloss Menzerna Polisish (forget its name) on a finishing pad. Hit it all with lime prime after that and then a coat of duragloss 601 + 105 sealant combo.

Does remind me, I'll send you some links and such about how to keep it looking like that and how to avoid swirl marks Alex.

Users Country Flag
    I'd be keen for that dude, I need to starting fighting the bat and bird poop.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben J View Post
    .....Does remind me, I'll send you some links and such about how to keep it looking like that and how to avoid swirl marks Alex.
    forgot to ask about that...i'd assume that maybe normal car wash would strip the products?? and might need to buy a "in-between-details" product to keep a layer of awesome on there........

Seriously hit him up for jobs, good guy and i'm happy with what we (note: Ben) achieved today

Users Country Flag
    The sealant Ben applied (Duragloss 601 + 105) is very durable, can withstand most wash concentrates.

Some good wash concentrates are:

Duragloss 901 Wash Concentrate

Dodo Juice Born to be Mild

Use some Duragloss Aqua Wax when drying the car to top up the protection

How to wash video thanks to CCP

Hard work has been done for you Ben
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 12-08-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Yeah thats basically what I was going to send. Just make sure you use a car wash that is ph neutral and that won't strip the sealant off. If it is, it will say it on the bottle. The ones Wolfgang just linked are both very nice and I love dealing with car care products (there stuff always comes super quick, normally arives one day after ordering) but for a car wash if you dont want to order from sydney you can probably get away with something from autobarn/supercheap/whatever as long as its a decent one which is PH balanced. Washing and drying technique is the most important for preventing swirls, make sure to use the two bucket method, get a decent microfibre wash mit and a waffle weave towel (chamois can actually be really bad at causing swirls) and just lightly drag it along the paint to dry it.

Theres heaps of "quick detailers" you can put on after washing between details which will make it really shine, although that stuff we put on today should give you 6+ months of protection. That red one I had in one of the buckets was this Car Care Products / Dodo Juice / Exterior / Quick Detailing Sprays / Red Mist - Protection Detailer and it does a really nice job, can be a little tricky to apply though and is pretty expensive. I've heard good things about this: Car Care Products / Duragloss / Exterior / Wax - Spray / Aquawax which you can spray on after washing the car before you dry it, and buff off as you dry the car
    Last edited by Ben J; 12-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.

such a nice transformation!

It's amazing what a hard days work, the right tools/products (and some knowledge) can do!

good work Ben.

Post more pics Alex!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast