Support VWWC

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: gettin' ma tan onn....

Users Country Flag

I use to use the Aquawax and yes it is good stuff, very easy to apply and doesn't cost a fortune.

I now use Prima Hydro Spray Wax alternated with Prima Slick.

Ben, you should give Prima Amigo a go. Its a polymer glaze (yes paint fillers), paint cleaner, and mild polish. Makes metallic black look awesome.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Sounds good, a bit of a glaze to fill some of the scratches I couldn't get out could have been nice. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm buying products.

Alex's car is actually green, although a little hard to tell in photos haha. Still, the metallic definitely stands out a lot more than it did before, could barely tell when it was covered in swirls. I have a couple nice waxes hidden away somewhere which would have really made the metallic green pop but not sure where they are so just used the sealant, which still does a pretty nice job.

Anyway, on a less detailing related note, was quite impressed with the rest of the car, those recaro seats are really comfy and the car rides really nice too, noticed a lot of other pretty subtle things as well that just makes it unique. Looking forward to seeing it when you get those BBS looking the way they should, the car will look awesome

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    The sealant Ben applied (Duragloss 601 + 105) is very durable, can withstand most wash concentrates.

Some good wash concentrates are:

Duragloss 901 Wash Concentrate

Dodo Juice Born to be Mild

Use some Duragloss Aqua Wax when drying the car to top up the protection.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben J View Post
    Yeah thats basically what I was going to send. Just make sure you use a car wash that is ph neutral and that won't strip the sealant off. If it is, it will say it on the bottle. The ones Wolfgang just linked are both very nice and I love dealing with car care products (there stuff always comes super quick, normally arives one day after ordering) but for a car wash if you dont want to order from sydney you can probably get away with something from autobarn/supercheap/whatever as long as its a decent one which is PH balanced. Washing and drying technique is the most important for preventing swirls, make sure to use the two bucket method, get a decent microfibre wash mit and a waffle weave towel (chamois can actually be really bad at causing swirls) and just lightly drag it along the paint to dry it.

Theres heaps of "quick detailers" you can put on after washing between details which will make it really shine, although that stuff we put on today should give you 6+ months of protection. That red one I had in one of the buckets was this Car Care Products / Dodo Juice / Exterior / Quick Detailing Sprays / Red Mist - Protection Detailer and it does a really nice job, can be a little tricky to apply though and is pretty expensive. I've heard good things about this: Car Care Products / Duragloss / Exterior / Wax - Spray / Aquawax which you can spray on after washing the car before you dry it, and buff off as you dry the car

awesome i'm conjouring up a shopping cart with ccp as I type going to bulk buy the Duragloss 901, a bottle of the Duragloss Aqua Wax and a cloth kit

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    such a nice transformation!

It's amazing what a hard days work, the right tools/products (and some knowledge) can do!

good work Ben.

Post more pics Alex!

I will in time, the rest of the car needs a detail now, like the windows and bump strips, lol.

Sounds good, a bit of a glaze to fill some of the scratches I couldn't get out could have been nice. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm buying products.

Alex's car is actually green, although a little hard to tell in photos haha. Still, the metallic definitely stands out a lot more than it did before, could barely tell when it was covered in swirls. I have a couple nice waxes hidden away somewhere which would have really made the metallic green pop but not sure where they are so just used the sealant, which still does a pretty nice job.

Anyway, on a less detailing related note, was quite impressed with the rest of the car, those recaro seats are really comfy and the car rides really nice too, noticed a lot of other pretty subtle things as well that just makes it unique. Looking forward to seeing it when you get those BBS looking the way they should, the car will look awesome

green?? you on drugs?? lmao..... or am I on drugs? haha

but alas, yes the metalic is popping like crazy now, I can't believe how much those swirls hid it! ......

and much appreciated man, it's coming together slowly... after a life time of what seemed like non enthusiast ownership, things are slowly getting fixed and replaced, so I appreciate the compliments

Top stuff, mate! Didn't know you had another Mk3! You've been holding out on me.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Quote Originally Posted by KI11Z View Post
    green?? you on drugs?? lmao..... or am I on drugs? haha
    Maybe I am on something I don't know about... that could explain a lot of stuff. No idea why I thought it was green, everything makes a lot now I know its not! Ahahaha.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I am on something I don't know about... that could explain a lot of stuff. No idea why I thought it was green, everything makes a lot now I know its not! Ahahaha.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
    haha, i'm unsure if I should be taking you seriously or not?

Does anyone have some chunky hubcentric spacers they want to part with?? hit me up

I have a pair of 30mm hubcentric spacers but the "huncentic-ness" doesn't protrude for the wheel to sit on to and I don't feel comfortable using them......

I just bought a set of 25mm spacers off dubstop imports but have heard there shipping can be slow and not heaps keen to wait also thinking I'll be better off with 30mm so if you want them I'll buy some off ecs

so you have some 25mm spacers you don't want? is that right? how much where they/you want?

I purchased some the other day. Haven't arrived yet and am not sure they've been shipped yet. So I sent an email asking if a refund is possible if they haven't been shipped but if not I should have them soon. They are 25mm hub and wheel centric. Happy for a little less than $150 posted I guess. Pm me if your keen and in no rush. As they might take two weeks to come.

ok cool, perhaps man, keep me in the loop with their status

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast