Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Green VR6

Users Country Flag

Dragon Green VR6

After a few trips overseas, I've used my left over dollars to upgrade. 2.0 GL ---> 2.8 VR6. I've been wanting one for what seems like an age. Here they are; two's a collection right?

I picked it up earlier this month in Bondi for a good price and drove back to Brisbane solo - a first for me. It was a great drive and allowed me to get acquainted with the VR6. Everything is in damn fine shape on it. Body is straight, paint is in pretty good nic, and most importantly the engine has been well looked after and runs faultlessly.

Its the same year as my GL, 1997, but has done 60 000 less Kms, sitting at less than 130 000. The interior and exterior are optioned and OEM. It has the original head unit with a 10 CD stacker, leather, front lights shade (pretty sure those were a factory option?) and all the other sweet feature of a VR6.

First up are just a few personalisation options such as slimline black plates, a new 'Join the Golf club' sticker and a Thule fairing. Down the track I want to get some other things done to wind it up a bit and make it more of a beast.

On the list are:

- Swiss cheese airbox or different filter
    - Exhaust mod, perhaps a full overhaul
    - Lowering, not sure if coils or full suspension overhaul with lowering springs/new struts is best
    - Mk4 GTI rings like Matt's old Black Magic VR6 (cuz it looked great and is cheap haha)
    - Respray, in dragon green of course if I can afford it just to make it even more beautiful
    - Re-upholster seats or fix outer bolsters on front seats or replace with Mk4 R32 seats or Recaros

Anyway, that's all for now, we shall see what happens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dragon Green VR6-vr6-hero-bw-jpg   Dragon Green VR6-twos-collection-colour-small-jpg  

Dragon Green VR6-vr6-interior-colour-small-jpg  
    Last edited by Alfred; 01-02-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Well done and very jealous.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Pictures aren't working for me

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    Pictures aren't working for me
    same, suspense is killing me.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I attached the photos, hopefully that fixes your problems with suspense haha

Ah yes. Seen this car. Glad it's going well thus far

Users Country Flag
    Pretty, I did not even realise that you were missing the photos when I read through you original post last night (must have been my tired brain playing tricks on me).

I will have to drive my Dragon Green 1997 Golf CL up to BrisVegas one day so we can do then entire series. May have to wait until after I have convinced the wife that she should allow me to spend the time and money restoring it back to original factory condition first.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI

That would be a pretty mad photo shoot.

Speaking of other halves, I was surprised when my GF said to me that it was unfair she can't drive manual because the VR6 sounds so cool hahah. I'm glad we don't have a joint bank account

Users Country Flag
    We recently bought my brother's 2007 Golf Mk5 2.0 TDI. It has an Oettinger tune and 17-inch VW OEM Passat mags with 235/45 R17. My wife took it for a short spin. It is now her car and the Caddy peoplemover is now my daily.

Haha that's great!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast