Support VWWC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Green VR6

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

*Update*

BBS RS are on the car wrapped in some Bridgestone Potenza RE003s . I'm really happy with the result. It looks like I will need to do some guard rolling in the future to get it lowered when I eventually get coilovers or a cup kit.

I also picked up a Pioneer head unit today from Repco, 35% off . Gonna get it installed soon hopefully but I need to work out how to get the OEM one out and which wiring harness I apparently need. Any info on this would be wonderful (because I'm lazy )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dragon Green VR6-profile-jpg   Dragon Green VR6-fitment-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Looking good. I am very jeolous of how good your paint work is . . .
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Looking good. I am very jeolous of how good your paint work is . . .
    Thanks! it really comes up well after a wash. The drivers door is faded around the window and the roof is peeling. I'll need to give it some attention soon.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Not sure if there are harnesses out there but I chopped off the connector (yeah I was cheap and try finding a connector for this car...I was a noob then), ground was obvious and used a multimeter to find 12V battery, and 12V ignition. The speaker cables were in pairs so I just connected each one and listened to where the sound was coming from before connecting it to the stereo wire connector properly. Just make sure you get the + & - of the speakers around the right way...look at the wiring diagram for our cars.

Did you use that Autoglym stuff again? looks mint
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

Alrighty update time.

A lot has happened recently leading to me becoming rather strapped. The head unit is installed, but unfortunately I read the manual wrong at repco so I can't make the lights green... Bummer.
    Next I had a rock go through my radiator so it had to be replaced. The condenser bolt broke during this so it was replaced too.
    I also had my suspicions confirmed that my car needed the timing chains done. So this was done as well as a new clutch. I got a kit for the chains from ECS for AU$370 shipped express. Turned up in 4 days which impressed me.
    All of this set me back almost 3 grand. So my dreams of a suspension refresh are postponed I'd say until March next year at least as I want to move out.
    Still, the car runs great! Taking it to happy laps in December

And stef, I haven't used the autoglym stuff again. I was really good for about a month but washed out slowly. Will apply multiple coats back to back next time I get a chance.

Users Country Flag
    Bummer on the unexpected expenses. Good to read that you are enjoying the VR6 and that it is running well for you.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the reply, good to hear all is well.
    Yeah, ECS is super fast with shipping, it was when I ordered.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

Definately needs to come down closer to mother earth.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3R Technik View Post
    Definately needs to come down closer to mother earth.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    Amen to that

Users Country Flag

This is maddddd. Reminds me of my BM VR6, stock/ OEM is classy AF in my opinion. Good luck finding the mont 2s, they are unreal, especially with some nice Coilovers.
    Current: 2007 Black Magic GTI - APR Stage 2, Carbonio intake, APR downpipe and catback exhaust, RNS510, Bi-Xenons, Custom Red Leather Interior, Tow Bar, Racks and Parking Sensors
    Previous: Absolute Red 2000 S3 8L - Stage 1 Custom Code
    Previous: 1997 Black Magic VR6 - CX Racings, BFI Stealthlines, Chipped ECU, Genie Extractors, Thule 404s, Fairing, Suitcase delete with hotdog.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast