Support VWWC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Green VR6

Users Country Flag

Nice buy!
    Mk IV Golf GTI - BMP - GIAC chip, R32 wheels, KW coilovers, rear swaybar.
    Originally Posted by JoeVR
    I've never been a big fan of rotors, or really Japanese cars in general, so my choice would have to be..... an RX-8.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'm thinking for getting this head unit for the car. As much as I would love to keep the original I need bluetooth or usb connectivity.

Alpine Electronics of Australia

How difficult is it to install these things? Should I attempt it myself or get someone to do it for me? And finally how would I got about the rear USB attachment in a MK3?

You can get adapter harnesses from jaycar

Then installations is pretty straight forward?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    I'm thinking for getting this head unit for the car. As much as I would love to keep the original I need bluetooth or usb connectivity.

Alpine Electronics of Australia

How difficult is it to install these things? Should I attempt it myself or get someone to do it for me? And finally how would I got about the rear USB attachment in a MK3?
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    You can get adapter harnesses from jaycar
    Radios'are pretty easy to install in the MK3, even if you have to wire it up yourself. That said, the harnesses make them essentially plug and play!

If you were really keen you could have a hidden install and keep the stock unit in place, but since you don't need to cut/damage anything to put in a single DIN headunit you can keep the stock one in a box for that one day MK3's are collectors items and you really want to go back to OEM...

Alternatively there are places like this (although these particular ones are older styles):
    Retro-Sound USA (Australia)

That make modern tech in retro style so you can get all the good stuff but retain the look. I've sure I've seen 80's/90's style stuff around... although google isn't turning anything up. That said, the MK3 is modern enough that a modern CD player doesn't look too out of place if it's subtle enough and given that one can change colours, you can tie it into the stock colour scheme

edit: this sort of style:
    Amazon.com: BlueFire Bluetooth Car Stereo Audio Single DIN In Dash 12V FM Receiver with MP3 Radio Player and Remote Control: Car Electronics

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Awesome, thanks Hayden and Hawk. You have both been very helpful

So these just arrived! Pick them up of ebay a couple of weeks ago for a good price. Genuine BBS RS et42. All I have to do it get them to fit haha.

I'm also planning to refurb them myself + professional help. Definitely need to change the colour of the centres and I will clean and polish the bolts and lips myself.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dragon Green VR6-dsc04226-jpg  

I Really want a set of these rims

Users Country Flag
    Daaaaamn son. Shes gonna be looking fine with those on it, so clean!
    Mk3 2.0. Mk3 VR6 CC. Future Mk2?

Hell yes, gonna need some tyres that are the right size first. Not entirely sure what will work but I'm thinking 195/45/16 or 195/50/16 to get a bit of stretch?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast