Support VWWC

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Beaus' 95 Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
    If you need help with the wiring I think I have a post about it in my thread. Or a thread somewhere around here. Most bang for your buck mod, everyone should do it.
    Awesome, thanks for that.

Cheers for the replies guys. I'm pretty happy with the wheel combo! I stole the idea from the heritage wheel combo for the new beetles. I've bought some wood slats to start putting together some kind of roof rack / basket. I also might be getting a GL as a parts car this weekend to steal some goodies off.

Cheers,
    Beau

Bit of a Volkswagen party at the moment. The cabriolet is my brothers which will be shipped out my garage soon. We went halves on the green Mk3 as a parts car which I grabbed on Saturday. Will be wrecking it in the coming weeks, if any one is after any parts in particular let me know - I'm located NOR suburbs.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beaus' 95 Mk3-img_0216-jpg  

Hey guys,

The parts car is on gumtree if any one is after any thing, see link below

WRECKING - 1996 Mk3 GL Volkswagen Golf | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Joondalup Area - Kallaroo | 1088188513

Cheers

I'm sure some people won't be liking this, don't worry the original bonnet is safe and sound. Still have some more rusting to do

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beaus' 95 Mk3-bonnet1-jpg  

Well I haven't updated this in a while,

Been a few changes but most importantly I can't drive it at the moment :'( Having dramas with the clutch, if any one can help that would be awesome - 1.8 CL Dead clutch pedal

My FK coilovers came in the post about a week or two ago and my new strut mount rubbers came a few days ago so I've got everything ready for the lows. More so about finding a time to actually get it done but now my main priority is getting the clutch sorted.

I slapped on rat bonnet about a week ago for lols and curiosity. I had the spare from my parts car which was in poor condition so I didn't feel bad ruining it. It's actually pretty well straight, had a light skim of filler in sections - to be honest I don't know why - but already a few rusted areas due to piss poor paint (car looked to of had a fairly major accident at some point).

I also made some wooden roof racks to mount to the original bars as they aren't going any where.

Also the parts car has been sent to scrap about a week ago, murphys law is in full swing, knew I would need something off it (potential clutch parts) as soon as I sent it away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beaus' 95 Mk3-roofracks-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    This is awesome! Also I may have a clutch and pressure plate if you need man. Just depends what spline your gearbox is!
    1976 VW Golf "Swallowtail" - Rallye Red (long term resto)
    2009 Pirelli GTI - Stg3 killer
    2009 R36 Passat - Daily baller
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jones View Post
    You take corners on three wheels, and V8's can't catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRichesMk1 View Post
    This is awesome! Also I may have a clutch and pressure plate if you need man. Just depends what spline your gearbox is!
    Thanks bud. I'm pretty positive the clutch itself is fine, my money is on the pedal assembly/clutch cable set up. The way it happned to me just seems like it's something between my foot and the gearbox itself, not the internals.

I've had a similar problem with an old Gemini back in the day. Fingers crossed any how. My main problem is I can't find any pictures of what a 'working' set of pedals looks like from up and under the dash to compare mine too.

Users Country Flag
    TO Bearing

check that, easiest step to do and it will eliminate the box side of things, mine had a broken arm that pushes the TO bearing. had slipped on the spline and had no clutch, pedal on floor.
    <space for rent>

Quote Originally Posted by GRN_VAGN View Post
    TO Bearing

check that, easiest step to do and it will eliminate the box side of things, mine had a broken arm that pushes the TO bearing. had slipped on the spline and had no clutch, pedal on floor.
    Thanks for that. Where did you get a new arm from? Or did you replace the box itself?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beausuf View Post
    Thanks for that. Where did you get a new arm from? Or did you replace the box itself?
    from a spare box, you wont need to pull yours out,. just that green cap.
    <space for rent>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast